Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

I never cared for working steering, dont know why

Small update on the R8, engine is installed to the chassis

a1-8.jpg

a2-6.jpg

And got the interior bits painted, I used Tamyia semi gloss on the dash and the door panels, and a flat black on the rest, I am going to flock it, just waiting for it to get here.

a3-4.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Well, I guess I should start work on this, the Jaguar E type, this one might be a slow build , slow in my world :lol: . This one is going to need a lot a work, almost all the parts have some flash on them, I am not looking forward to this one lol. I think I am going to go with a green that is close to British racing green, its the same green I used on my Lotus Super 7 build.

j1.jpg

I dont think I will be getting any updates posted in tell next Thursday at the earlierst, this coming sunday is moving day, so its almost time to start packing the models up, but I wont have internet at the new house tell 6th of July , I do have my Blackberry, so I will check in as much as I can stand to on it :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Good job on the flocking, looks good, how much flocking did you get on the body?, going to have to strip the clear coat?

I got more flocking today, so now I can get the interior on the R8 done, and the 458 I am doing .

I also pick up some paint, I got the paint for the Jag, and the R8, not going to say what color I got for the R8, you will just have stick around tell after the break to find out :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Looking good guy's , some cool progress happening . Jonathan , I did an earlier version of that Jag kit (I think it was the same kit anyway) about 20 years ago , one of the most detailed cars I did at the time , watching to see how yours goes .

I haven't been able to make any progress on the mini yet , life keeps getting in the way :(

Are those faces your stages of internet withdrawl? lol

Yes I think thats how its going to be :lol: , I do at times come here from my Blackberry, but its a pain in the arse to post anything, I cant even play any games on the box or PSN, all tied to online.

Well , you are going to have to wait 2 weeks to see any updates , sorry :lol:

Two weeks!!, I am only going to be gone for 4 days :lol:;)

Alright time for a small update, starting with the R8

I am calling the interior done, I used Tamyia semi gloss black on the door panels and dash, and walmart flat black on the interior tub and seats, I did flock as well.

a1-9.jpg

a2-7.jpg

And the on to the Jag, I prime the body to help me find the mold lines, and there were a lot, here it is after sanding to remove them

a4-2.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

Edited by martinfan5