Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model build ups

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just a big thank you for your support on this subject of the cougar. I'm posting a few pictures of some of the kits I've built over the years to let everybody know that I do build. The pictures of boxes are on shelves in my garage are full of unbuild kits also. The 56 Vicky was done back in 1991 for my dad (one that he wanted, but never could afford). He passed away in 1999. I know that I will never live to build all them. The builds are not "built by a pro" I build for me so forgive the mistakes/flaws. Seems that I can't upload any pictures. Will add to another post. Talk to you later.

in His service,

Jim

Can someone tell me how to upload some pictures? Keeps telling me that they are too big.

Edited by mustang nut

How are you trying to upload the pics James, through the site or a photo sharing site like fotki or photobucket?? If it's through the site, save yourself the time and hassle and go to photobucket.com and set up a photobucket account. It's free to set up and use, and after you have the pics uploaded copy the IMG code for the pic and then add the pic to the text box here by using CTRL+V to paste the IMG code in the text box. Be sure to have the forum and photobucket open in two separate tabs or windows!

Hi,

Thank you for telling how to get the pictures loaded at photobucket.com. They have been downloaded. Now to rest my brain. My PC skills are not up to date. I will try to post a few pictures in the next few days. Thanks again for your help.

in His service,

Jim

11-26-11003.jpg

11-26-11004.jpg

11-26-11005.jpg

11-26-11034.jpg

11-26-11025.jpg

Edited by mustang nut

Hi George,

Yes my stash keeps growing and she has let me know it. She does not care, which makes life lovely. Just bought another 1/32 scale F-15C (off Ebay). You notice, another. Along the lines of aircraft decals, I quit counting after 1000 sets. I've labeled the pictures of boxes as, one day, someday, and who knows when :lol: . I do have a part time job as a small hobby shop. I go to contest and toy shows around the state. I do sell on ebay also, when my real job lets me. I work a rotating shift schedule (8-4, 4-mid, mid-8). After my mother died in May 2011 I've stop building as dealing with estate, which some of the stuff has taken over my garage and my hobby room. Will start back up in 2012 I hope. Talk to you all later. Jim

Dont believe Ive ever seen a Jeff Gordon DuPont Ford Taurus !!!! That's pretty cool !!! :P

Dig the Wheaties Earnhardt build !!

Hi,

Thanks. I had some guys at work always getting on my case because I pull for jeff. They were upset because Chevys were winning, so to shut them up. I build this and told them that if Ford wants to win, here's what they need to do :D . One guy wanted to buy it so he could smash it on the ground :lol: . As you can see I didn't sell it. I've had a lot of second looks. By the way, I like all makes and models of cars.

Jim

I just had to respond to this . During the '89-90 school year I was exposed to a Chevy Guru . He stated Chevy was the winningest Car Maker . Had always been so . I reminded him of "off brands" . Mo Par , Hudson , and the whole gang . I also pointed out another truth ; Let's say you were a Aftermarket Cam Manufacturer . The Market for your products was pre-made for your products . The OEM was sub standard to the rest of the Industry for a certain Maker . You could sell 100 of these a day without fail . The others , or off brand , you sold 100 a year . Which cams would you sell at a lower cost ? This answered his claim Chevy Engines were less expensive to make Hotter ! Before you comment , think about the Meltaway cams made by a certain Manufacture still racing today .

And the Ford / Chevy battle continues . Thanx ..

great pics......loved the Gordon Taurus. very original. I'm planning in the near future to take some OLD kits (56 Fords, Chevys, etc) and make NASCAR stockers out of them with TODAYs sponsorships on them. for instance, a Hudson with HomeDepot or a Chrysler 300 with Shell/Pennzoil or Miller Lite. then of course do the reverse, taking for instance a Dodge Charger and put Carl Kiehoffer's Mercury Outboard decals and the #300 on it......something like that OR a Chevy Impala and make a black and gold Smokey Yunick car.

I'm sure its been done before.....but not in MY house! LO

Edited by F500