Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first build

Jesse D

Not bad for a first build. I like that you used two different colors of primer and the decals on the rear window .if you don't have a small brush try a silver sharpie to pick out some of the trim areas. what is your next one gonna be? or now that this is done what areas do you feel you want to improve on?

My puppy chewed most of it to hell. My next project is a 72 chevy pos in a similer pain scheme. it's not in good shape so the same amount of detail is in order. then maybe a 70 nova drag car. old pro to be specific. I'll ry the sharpie trick I never thought about that.

For being your first model, it's great. I like that idea of matt black and gray primer combination. Maybe next time try to paint those chrome trims, or BMF will work on them too, but maybe painting is easier if you are building only second model. And one way to improve... Give some black wash on the wheels, now they look quite unrealistic, just because they are fully chromed and there are no black shades anywhere. But nice model anyway, great job on the first one!