Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Nomad pro mod project

thumper86

Not sure I will chat with him tonight and ask him . I found the door area cross bars a bit different also.

That is odd, now that you mention it. I just went back and looked myself, don't think I have ever seen them mocked up like that. Another unique touch is how he cut the door to go up and over the top then back down, instead of like a regular 55 chevy door. I figured this was due to his head and reducing any headaches (hitting his head) when getting in and out of the car. :D

As far as the door bars go it is because its a 25.2 and not a 25.1 . the roof part has been put back to org. Its coming along nicely I just hope it keeps on going.

Thanks Robert for the follow up on the door bars... I am not familiar with the numbers. What exactly does each of them mean? Other than a 1/10 of an inch..... LOL.. that was my poor attempt at being funny! :)

Looking good!... With the door bars i think it is a chassis builders prefrence.The reason I say that is because my dad and my uncle both have 25.2 certified cars, but one has door bars like the nomad and one has door bars like you are use to seeing. IMO I dont like the door bars in the nomad pictured or my uncles car, it looks akward.

Edited by outlaw105