Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '62 Corvette Roadster 2'n1

Dr. Cranky

All I've seen are the photos from the I-Hobby show of the test shot. Based on the Revell 58 / 59 kits it should be a great kit. I was going to try and mate the old AMT 62 with an MPC 60 front to come up with something "buildable", But I'll gladly wait. Long overdue subject, but I can hear the "don't we have enough Corvettes allready" cries coming.

All I've seen are the photos from the I-Hobby show of the test shot. Based on the Revell 58 / 59 kits it should be a great kit. I was going to try and mate the old AMT 62 with an MPC 60 front to come up with something "buildable", But I'll gladly wait. Long overdue subject, but I can hear the "don't we have enough Corvettes allready" cries coming.

I was about to do that very thing, 'cept I wanted to make mine a '61. I'll wait and see what the new tool looks like------if it's as nice as the '58-'59 kits (I have both), it should be a winner. B)

It's very nice and I will mostlikly buy one. It seams that it is missing the ridge that goes down the center of the trunk. The Revell 58 and 59's are very nice. I have a few of them along with both the resin 61 and 62 transkits from Historic Racing Miniatures. They are very nice and the trunks are open just like the 58 and 59 kits.

It's very nice and I will mostlikly buy one. It seams that it is missing the ridge that goes down the center of the trunk.

Maybe it's my sight, but it looks like it's there to me. ;) That's an important to detail to miss if isn't there-------that's what made that little "bump" in the trailing edge of the hardtop and soft top unlike the '56-'60 model years.

It seams that it is missing the ridge that goes down the center of the trunk.

It does look like the ridge is missing. That won't be a very easy detail to add if it in fact is missing. I had the '59 Vette and like a big fool,I traded it off! :rolleyes: I'll be content with this '62 until I can score another '59 even though I actually like the '62 better. One thing I learned recently was that the '62s weren't offered in two tones. Anyone know why that was? I can kinda understand the cove not being painted a different color,but it looks like the top would have been available in a different color.

Now if we could just get Revell to backdate it's '64 Chevy pickup to a '62.

One thing I learned recently was that the '62s weren't offered in two tones. Anyone know why that was?

GM by '62 was trying to get away from the "fifties" look of two tones, excessive chrome, and wide white walls. Actually the Big Three were all doing this, as tailfins were all but gone by '62. Chevy by '62 was probably trying to warm up the crowd of what was to come for '63-----even though the "ducktail" look was intro'd the previous model year, and the basic body shell dates back to '53.

Edited by MrObsessive

I've read that there will be no hardtop, but the rear glass for one is in the test shot, so ???

Remember the '72 Olds was first intro'd w/o an up-top, yet it appeared with one on the second issue? I wonder if something similar is going on here? How much in that test shot is not destined for the first issue?