Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Titan 90 (WIP)

Nice paint work on the cab, any plans for stripes??

Black and red always look good..... and a bit of chrome

No plans for stripes. I am not that good at all of that stuff just yet. Maybe on some future trucks but this one will be solid black with a little chrome.

Thanks!

This truck is coming along nicely, great color combo. Just a tip here, stock, the kit mounts for the cab make it sit way too high. The rear cab mounts should be shortened about 1/8 of an inch (or whatever looks good to you (mock up your cab before doing mods), but the chrome cab step right below the driver or passenger door should sit just a little higher than the front tire, but it's almost flush at tire height) The front cab pivots should be glued higher up on the cab the same amount. Also the transmission shifter mount should be shortened 1/8". You might want to mount the front grill flush with the body if you want the cab to tilt properly to show the mechanicals, check the fit of the air filter tubing to the engine blower for clearance as well doing this... Anyway, have a look at some GMC Astro or Chevy Titan pictures on Hank's truck site for reference. Of course this is only a suggestion, what you do with it is up to you. Keep at it man, it makes a change from the Kenworths and Peterbilts...

By the way, come to think of it, I built quite a few of these trucks in my younger days. I remember building a custom Astro with a 16V-71 out of 2 8V71's! That's before seeing the engine in the International PayHauler! And it turned out I wasn't that far off , I should have used two air cleaner units though, that would have looked mean! Ok, now back to the serious stuff...

Thanks for the heads up Robert. I knew there was an issue with the cab hieght and I have already had an issue with the exhaust. I didn't know about the others you mentioned. I may have eventually figured it out when I got to them. This is a big defference from the Revell Kenworth and Pete kits. This one really has been a challenge for me but I will get it. Will it be correct like the 1:1 scale? Doubt it. But it will look nice when it is done. :D

Thanks for the heads up Robert. I knew there was an issue with the cab hieght and I have already had an issue with the exhaust. I didn't know about the others you mentioned. I may have eventually figured it out when I got to them. This is a big defference from the Revell Kenworth and Pete kits. This one really has been a challenge for me but I will get it. Will it be correct like the 1:1 scale? Doubt it. But it will look nice when it is done. :D

Not expecting any less! Cheers! ;)