Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 T-Bird convertible

Sixties Sam

Hey, all. I just built this AMT 66 Bird convertible. It's a stock build (lowered) with the box art color scheme. Paint is Krylon light blue and white. The kit is from old tooling, and has a few issues like a 1964 interior, and no column shifter (I made one from craft wire). It had no whitewalls, so I used decals from a 69 Charger kit. This was my first try at using BMF on the windshield frame. Vent windows and other trim is silver paint. I'm easing my way into the BMF world, finally! The BMF wasn't too hard to apply, but takes more time than the silver marker pens I normally use. I was pleased with the results. The model isn't fancy, but I always liked the 1960's T-Birds! Comments welcome.

6422141039_057303ae2f_z.jpg

6422142247_1b046d2df1_z.jpg

6422143427_852e68149d_z.jpg

Nice looking T-Bird Sam! That color suits it perfect! There was an old guy around here that had multiples of the "square" T-Birds setting out in a field wasting away. A couple of them still ran when he parked them.

Seriously, I keep coming back to admire the pictures. You have a wonderful sense of shot and composition. I am wondering if you'd care to share a few more pictures with us. Thanks in advance.

Cranky (and anyone interested), here is a link to my Flickr album where I have lots of model and diorama pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/12482094@N07/. There is also a set of pics of my full scale teardrop trailer build from 2006. Thanks for your compliments. I appreciate them!

Sam

• 10 months later...

Man oh man I love me some dioramas! I can hear the crunch of the gravel as the tires slowly drive by. Nice clean classic. Did you also do the junker truck in the garage in the background?

Yeah, it's an AMT 53 Ford. Got it built up from ebay, and put some rust on it, and a push bumper. It's supposed to be the old service truck from the garage in the diorama. Here's a pic.

8058324589_64b40b5ea7_z.jpg