Model Cars Magazine Forum

Posted pics last night for my GMC Astro and keep forgetting to ask. Front windshield has one of those "sitting in storage on top of a tire too long" type marks. Is there a way to fix it? And if the general consensus leans towards so-so on results..........would anybody happen to have one in the scrap bin? Same thing has happened to the driver side window but I wanted to cut it down to the quarter window anyway. (Like my windows open)

Hey Barry,

You could also try, if you can get to the area now, to polish it out, use either Novus or a polishing kit, use the finest grade paper in the kits you can, experiment on something not assembled then try on your van. Good luck.

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee

wet sand,start with a 1000 grit and work to a extra fine like 6000,get at wal mart. Then use a rubbing compound made for clear plastic auto lenses,this stuff has a funky name(have too look for it.)

Fun fact,The lens on my car was getting fuggy,I tried it on them now I can see at night.