Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well as a kid I always put together the pre-painted plastic models from walmart and I'm ashamed to admit I've never finished a model I had to paint myself.. well.. here it is.... the model that will finally set me free of my fears of messing up haha..

b275cf8b.jpg

so far that's all I have done.. chassis and bed together along with the basic engine parts..

I just about have everything glued together that I can until I start painting it.. eek...

If the cement is used sparingly in obsure places it will allow you a free pass to start over in case of a mistake. You may have better luck if you omit the bed floor while painting the sides and fenders. Take a piece of styrene rod or a scrap piece of the parts tree and attach at the tailgate mounting point. After paint drys remove the scrap piece and paint the bed floor brown and you gotta it made...that is if you were gonna paint it wood like ;)

thanks guys, and I have something different in mind for the bed ;)

a6226647.jpg

8dfa4f33.jpg

good idea?? lol... oh and Cranky I'm using your chopsticks and tape and chopsticks/clip tricks (have not used them yet but I picked them up and atached the clips)

I'm actually using some wooden dowels I picked up cheap from the craft section (also where I found the wood for the bed)..

the $10 cheapo off brand dremel I grabbed is paying me back for sure.. it's junk and will probably burn up soon but the random bits etc. were worth what I paid.