Model Cars Magazine Forum

SMP 1911 Chevrolet

I'll also add to the kudos on this Casting . Excellent . I am so underwhelmed when I compare this to an Early Resin Kit . I am glad to experience both . "they just don't make 'em like they usta !" I prefer in the day now stuff thanx ..

• 4 weeks later...

2 of the 1911 Chevy kits arrived the day after sent. Great Job by Missing Link for getting this one out. Parts fit is very nice and quality of the casting is like other stuff from them - top notch. Never knew the original kit was a snap together - must have been close to the first for that in 1961.

Thanks Kevin - one big missing hole in kit history that's now obtainable and buildable !

The Model Car Builder's Museum has a website, so a search will pull that up.

Alternately, Tom Geiger is well-connected, and I'm sure he'd be happy to act as a conduit for you, or at least give you some direct contact informaiton.

Charlie Larkin

charlie send me a pm or email!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Rubber-an/c6_1117_1145/index.html

Hey Kevin, Try this for your tires for this project.  It is white in color but will be a pain to mix.   I picked up some samples today from my Tempe Reynolds advanced material store.  I asked about your tires and he showed me this.

Edited by Greg Wann

You are welcome, Kevin.  Your castings of this kit will look awesome with white tires made from this product.  The specs for this product is very good too.  It is weird how a material like this will eventually become a liquid again.  The only other suggestion I can make to you is to switch resin to the TASK 8.  You can boil your parts in water with little adverse effects on them.  Good luck my fellow casting friend! 

I made a mold of Mike Schnur's Fox body and tried venting it sort of your way and they come out amazingly nice.  Flash is the thinnest it has ever been.  I am very happy!

Greg Wann  (pronounced like I "won" something)

Edited by Greg Wann

1. After thinking about my last I had better not pat myself on the back too quickly!  I sure don't want tires in this kit to turn to liquid.  I will do more homework for this myself.  This might be why some kits from other companies have parts problems years down the road.  Nobody pays attention to product specifications.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought 62 was Chevrolet anniversary year. I had a oval frame gold tented wall mount bubble with a 1912 Chevrolet in the top and a 1962 golden anniversary Chevrolet in the bottom. It was given to me buy a man that had a Chevrolet/Buick dealership a got it in 1962 for the amount of sales he had that year. On the box it said 50th Anniversary.