Model Cars Magazine Forum

flea market find (update) all done now in "under glass"

stulee11

hi all i went to my local flea market yesterday and picked this up for £1 was a little worse for wear but all parts are there i didnt get a pic ov it wen i got cuz i got a hell ov a load ov ideas running through my mellon so i just got me knife out and went to town but heres a pic ov it sort ov together

02122011349.jpg

well anyway after getting it i looked at it for about 5/6 mins lol and thought "right ppl on here are doing normal doors , lambo doors and even suicide doors but i aint seen and raptor doors" so that was it i tried them and after that i pulled out a old max power car moding mag and saw a hood that opened on the diaginal split in half so i thought i gotta try that and well i will let the pics do the talking cuz my fingers are hurting lol hope you all like and as always any comments welcome

thanks stu

02122011350.jpg

Edited by stulee11

it might take a while to do as i am only learning but as they say all good things come to those who wait lol

if anyone can see anything i am or have done wrong please dont wait let me know as soon as so i can keep learning from master builders like you all

thanks stu

Guest Sickfish

Stu, you know what a full stop... Is?? A sentence, when completed use's one, like this. How about some correct grammar? Spelling? Instead of these abbreviations you're using? I don't know how old you are mate or what level of education you've had but if you know how to use a computer then you know what a spell-checker is, right? You obviously have some really good modeling skills & to me, ( and it's just my opinion ok?), it's a bit of a let down to take short-cuts with using, or at least attempting, the English language, when you've made great effort in your model building....

Anyway it's a great find & good luck with it :-)

Cheers, Cliffo.

Stu, you know what a full stop... Is?? A sentence, when completed use's one, like this. How about some correct grammar? Spelling? Instead of these abbreviations you're using? I don't know how old you are mate or what level of education you've had but if you know how to use a computer then you know what a spell-checker is, right? You obviously have some really good modeling skills & to me, ( and it's just my opinion ok?), it's a bit of a let down to take short-cuts with using, or at least attempting, the English language, when you've made great effort in your model building....

Anyway it's a great find & good luck with it :-)

Cheers, Cliffo.

hey mate i am really sorry for the bad grammar . i didn't get much of an education i left school in the first 2 months of what you guys in the states call high school . and prior to that i wasn't at school much as i was always out in ice skating compitions . so i really didn't learn much but i get along with out having to write hardly at all . sorry again i will try to write better for ya .

but thanks for the compliment on me having some good modeling skills this will only be 6th model i have made and my first trying to open the doors and stuff . so i hope i am doing things right lol

Edited by stulee11

This is just my way of doing things, but I would have totally stripped that body of paint before I attempted to cut the doors open. This saves a lot of trouble and grief when you repaint later, also there's going to be a LOT of body work (putty, filling scratches, etc...) to be done while doing this.

Just a suggestion as you've mentioned you're new..........ambitious start BTW........good luck! ;)

This is just my way of doing things, but I would have totally stripped that body of paint before I attempted to cut the doors open. This saves a lot of trouble and grief when you repaint later, also there's going to be a LOT of body work (putty, filling scratches, etc...) to be done while doing this.

Just a suggestion as you've mentioned you're new..........ambitious start BTW........good luck! ;)

i no it will need alot of body work but i do like a challenge lol . i realised that i should of stripped it first after i started it lol .

• 1 month later...

hi all just a small update i have got most the body work done... and put it in guide coat primer... so i just got to rub that down and start the primer and painting... hope you all like and as always all comments welcome.

final fillering

10012012511.jpg10012012510.jpg

and in guide coat

11012012512.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi all not really much of a update but ...i saw a car today with the air filter relocated to pop out of the front wing. so i thought to myself i gotta do that so i did.

air filter relocated

21012012579.jpg

i started to do the floor in the boot i dont think its to bad really for my first go... if i did anything wrong please let me know.

boot

21012012581.jpg

as you can see i didnt have any styreen so it was a old phone topup card lol

i also started to make a new exhaust as the back section was missing... so i used some old spure from the left over trees... bent it and drilled it i think its ok will look better once painted.

21012012582.jpg

exhaust part 2

21012012583.jpg

and finally i made some progress on the interor... i removed the seat guides from the side and left the front ones so i know the seats will be level.

21012012586.jpg

and these are the seats i will be using

21012012587.jpg

hope you all like the progress and as always any comments is more then welcome

thanks for looking in

stu

Great job with it... But actually what car is that? Somekind of Japanese, maybe Nissan? Great job with those body modifications, it'll be very interesting build, even if European or Japanese cars usually aren't so interesting.

Great job with it... But actually what car is that? Somekind of Japanese, maybe Nissan? Great job with those body modifications, it'll be very interesting build, even if European or Japanese cars usually aren't so interesting.

thanks mate. I know i do like skylines and supras but there was just something that caught my eye when i saw this... And the thoughts that came in my head where going mad so i had to have lol .

Yeah its a Nissan silvia s13 or s14.

hey all thanks for the comments ... i have been trying to get the paint done but i have run into a problem with the doors...

26012012592_1.jpg

as you can see... i dont know what it is but it only pops up as the paint is drying... while the paint is still wet its perfect. but i am hoping to crack on later today with some engine and interior stuff.

thanks for looking

stu

Edited by stulee11