Model Cars Magazine Forum

HUGE problem please help!

1957dodgeregent

Guest Sickfish

Mate I don't want to sound mean or rude but first thing's first.... If you want people to understand & then help you, you should brush up on your spelling, or at least use the spell checker. It really doesn't take much effort, yeh? That being said, Easy-off Oven Cleaner should do the job. Be very careful with this stuff, it's extremely bad to inhale, especially indoors. Do it outside, where possible & wear a mask. Let it sit over-night. Wash it down the next day with warm soapy water. If there are area's where paint/glue is still present then re-spray the oven-cleaner & repeat the process. Styrene should be able to fix that hole, as stated above. Most important, when you start over, re-painting etc.... Be patient! Let the paint gas-out for a day or 2 ;-) & use the glue sparingly ( little amount's at a time). Another solution to the hole in the roof would be to make a sunroof? Turn a negative into a positive ;-)

Cheers, Cliffo.

well, i was half way trough sprayin the body, and all the sudden.... SHSHWOOSH!!! and the botom of the can fell on the floor. rusted out..... i guess we havent cleaned the oven in a while lol!

Oh man! That stinks! (literally)

Don't worry about the body for the moment and get that mess cleaned up! That is some NASTY stuff. Hope you were doing it outside...

If you got any on you, clean up right away!!

ez off goes outside ...do it outside ..or use a fan ...brake fluid works great to are you useing raddle cans .... that would expaid paint job go to a ab

Edited by mr cheap, Today, 09:11 AM.

And this is your result after you edited it?

HUH?

You can do better and make your reply understandable.

Edited by Steve Keck

Maybe I am getting too old for this kind of stuff, but this entire thread made my head spin. I guess i just don't get it....what really happened? Too much glue....too much paint......too much easy off........too much sugar......too much Bourbon......not enough Bourbon? Sorry, I am a bit confused by all of this.

Maybe I am getting too old for this kind of stuff, but this entire thread made my head spin. I guess i just don't get it....what really happened? Too much glue....too much paint......too much easy off........too much sugar......too much Bourbon......not enough Bourbon? Sorry, I am a bit confused by all of this.

:lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing!!!