Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nobody is talking about the news ?

I doubt this move will have any effect the retail pricing. It does show that Tom Lowe and Round2 are making a long term commitment to the Hobby industry. I expect they'll be doing more with all the brands now that they own them (and the tooling) vs leasing.

-Steve

For me, it means supporting Round 2 (which I want to do) doesn't mean supporting RC2 by proxy (which I do NOT want to do) anymore. B) I'm really glad to hear this, as it seemed RC2 was doing everything they could to kill the AMT/Ertl and Polar Lights brands when they had sole control.

Incidentally, a little research revealed that RC2 was sold to TOMY earlier this year. One of the reasons RC2 sold out was its stock took a huge hit due to publicity over some of its Thomas the Tank Engine toys that were manufactured in China being recalled due to unacceptably high lead levels.

Poetic justice as I see it- RC2 let the model kit end of their business languish, mostly by all but elimintating quality control. And it was a quality control issue that caused them to slip into a bit of a financial pickle, paving the way for the sale of the AMT/MPC/PL brands lock, stock, and barrel to Round2, a company which is pretty much run by modelers.

Who says there are never any happy endings? :D