Model Cars Magazine Forum

Could I? Should I?

I got a Die Cast 1/24 scale M2 machines 66 gt350 doe my birthday. I seem to have a bit of OCD when it comes to models. One of the front wheels wasn't straight and I took it apart to try and figure out why. I never did figure out why the wheel wasn't sraight cuz as I was takin it apart the engine came out and the headers crumbled to pieces.. I also have a amt 68 shelby gt500 kit that has a damaged body and a 428Fe in it. The question is should I or could I put the 428 in he die cast 66 or what?

In my experience, it seems that some stuff jives between the scales and obviously some stuff doesn't. You can sometimes get away with putting 1/24 scale wheels/tires under a 1/25 car and vise-versa. Another thing that comes to mind is when I used some 1/24 scale small block Chevy valve covers on a 1/25 scale car and it ended up looking like a big block which is what I was shooting for. So, the best advice I can give ya is just to try stuff out. If it looks good, roll with it.