Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any lowered 70-80s rams out there

I have one started. lowered with the front subframe clip & suspension from Revell"s 71 'Cuda. I also moved the spindles up to lower it more. Front sits really low! I had to remove the notch in the pass fender well for the heater box to have clearance for the wheels/tires.

I have NO IDEA how a post on another model car forum ended up attached to this tax lien thing, but here are some pics

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/darricka13x/model/GEDC1647.jpg&imgrefurl=http://learntaxlieninvesting.com/2010/11/27/78-dodge-pickup-hemi-express/&usg=__ezgYB0naYn9I8UM9A9fSHulYjng=&h=768&w=1024&sz=105&hl=en&start=32&zoom=1&tbnid=qRvxi-602a5uiM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&ei=BKPeTr2tGML3sQLdu6HLBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhemi%2Bexpress%26start%3D21%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26rlz%3D1R2ADRA_enUS417%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1

Thanks wraith for some good ideas on the lowering . I got some 20 inch Wheels to hide in the fender wells . I neve thought about swapping the front crossmember out . I got a junk charger that might just lose it's front end. Your truk looks good .is it stock power plant

thanks and welcome!

The HEMI is from the same 71 HEMI 'Cuda kit. I cut the transmission off and used a 727 auto trans I cut off the 440 engine from the Revell 71 GTX kit

Here is one I built years ago- I did have to take off the heater box/blower motor, and cut out the dip in the passenger's side wheelwell for it. I used some old AMT Rides Magazine wheels/tires, and this is about as low as it will sit on big-inch tires without cutting the fenders.1370006933_668981_1019925849_n-vi.jpg

Chuck,don't you have another Dodge truck that has the pro street treatment or am I thinking of someone else? I'm planning on building a pro street truck myself using the LRE cab and front chassis. I have an eight foot bed that I'm going to cut down to a short bed. I'm going to use the front clip,engine,wheels/tires and rear tubs/rearend/suspension from a '70 Super Bee pro street.

Chuck,don't you have another Dodge truck that has the pro street treatment or am I thinking of someone else? I'm planning on building a pro street truck myself using the LRE cab and front chassis. I have an eight foot bed that I'm going to cut down to a short bed. I'm going to use the front clip,engine,wheels/tires and rear tubs/rearend/suspension from a '70 Super Bee pro street.

Yes- I do! This also uses the front clip/engine/and rollers from the '79 Pro Street Super Bee kit, and I built this one before the lowered one above- The front fenderwells are cut out completely on this one.

IMG_55961-vi.jpg

IMG_55971-vi.jpg

IMG_55981-vi.jpg