Model Cars Magazine Forum

The word bump

As seen mostly in wanted or trade postings, "bump" is simply bumping the thread up to new content when it has been unanswered for a period of time.

An example of this is you post that you want or need a blinker fluid bottle for a 2975 XYZ, and nobody answers for a week, you would "bump" the thread back to the top of the list in the "Wanted" section. That way, someone who may have missed the posting before may see it the second time around, and you just might get your elusive part! B)

I'am old and don't know all the slang words yet, so can some one tell me what the word bump stands for, I see it a lot here. I thank anyone who fills me in.

I like ttt better!(to the top)

Message from EYEGORE to Mr. Harry Pristovnik:

"Harry, if you were like the moderator of THAT other place, you would have locked this thread down because the parents of the children participating on this forum would think this would be totally inappropriate."

Every time I think up a witty retort to something inane, it gets deleted before I can post my pithy observation. Every time I go back to review the other nonsense in order to conjure up a witty pithy, the whole dang thread gets locked. I'm gonna quit this wild, unruly forum and go to that other one where nothing is allowed aloud!

I'm also gonna join IPMS and learn to enumerate rivets.

Yes, but did your children build models and then go on forums where their imaginations would be expanded in ever so many directions?

We must protect the young model builders from getting crazy ideas in their head. They should only build box stock, and keep their minds beautiful and clean.