Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where have you seen model cars in movies, TV shows ?

• 2 weeks later...

I caught the very beginning of League Of Their Own for the first time a couple nights ago and noticed a few large scale cars on the counter near the door of the home the women were leaving to go to the airport from. Maybe 5 minutes in from the start. They might have been liquor bottles, but to me the definition was too good, not that they were in good focus. Most prominent was a red Camaro or Corvette. I was guessing they might have been from the 1/8 scale Mongram series.

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone see thursday night episode of ROB. Rob went to talk to his father inlaw (Cheece Marin) at his carwash and on his desk was a model he was working on

Yeah I saw that. I told my wife, look Cheech is buildin a Tijuana Taxi !!!! The box was behind him, and looked like a bottle of testors glue beside the model !! The wife was like, HUH ?? She just didn't get it !! lol...... :rolleyes:

There was an episode of Law and Order, or CSI or someother detective show where the bad guy built models and then found real versions of the cars and he killed the owners. I think most what were shown were diecasts, but the story line was that the bad guy was a model builder.

Csi did one of those, where the killer would send a model of the crime scene to the head investigator ..... Why are the modelers always NUTS ?

• 9 years later...
On 2/3/2012 at 7:06 AM, moparmagiclives said:

Csi did one of those, where the killer would send a model of the crime scene to the head investigator ..... Why are the modelers always NUTS ?

Because we don't collect coins, stamps, autographs or gold bullion, so the short-sighted  movie industry paints us as anti-social, miscreant losers, without any concern of life or world events.

To add to the thread, I just found a quick scene in "Courtship of Eddie's Father" TV show. Looks like an MPC 70 Corvette. 

20211014_103736.png.ea411c7fd39312d8681f84edffb97de0.png

736x-27.jpg.d1a9a29350c41fc95ef00f2fc8f8d5a9.jpg

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Because we don't collect coins, stamps, autographs or gold bullion, so the short-sighted  movie industry paints us as anti-social, miscreant losers, without any concern of life or world events.

You aren't wrong.  Here's Joseph Cotten as Marilyn Monroe's psycho husband in the 1953 movie Niagara.

niagara8.jpg.9c7eb0875d4cfdb3895b2918d01f082b.jpg

Though I suppose you could argue that if he's choosing model cars over Marilyn Monroe, he can't be right in the head.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

You aren't wrong.  Here's Joseph Cotten as Marilyn Monroe's psycho husband in the 1953 movie Niagara.

niagara8.jpg.9c7eb0875d4cfdb3895b2918d01f082b.jpg

Though I suppose you could argue that if he's choosing model cars over Marilyn Monroe, he can't be right in the head.

Ya gotta admit, he's done a pretty good job at one of those wooden Old Timers kits! 👀

I was watching the old Bewitched tv show a while back. They played one of the Christmas episodes & if you looked close you could see an AMT Deora kit sticking out of Santa's bag.  Seems like I saw an episode of Perry Mason where he is in a drug store and you could see some Revell kits stacked up on a shelf in the background.

12 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

You might recognize some large scale kits used in the production of this Gumby episode:

I absolutely remember that hot rod! I was about 5 or 6 when I saw them in a race with the old lady.

My dad was building one at the time and it was an exact match. Found out years later it was the Lindberg 1/8 scale Hot Rod T.

Gumby probably had this one. Colors even match!

wp-content-120.jpg.370e090cd4f38b1d9cdfe268f53b6ef6.jpg

u-3.jpg.3641b526c7ef8dde65a02a3178490f08.jpg