Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hummer H-1 toter for the Glaxie 38ft trailer

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Revell Snap-Tite H-1 curbside , pretty far along on the 5th wheel area, just need to box the rear in where the cab stops. Gonna try Testors Sublime green and Dupli-color dark Royal blue 2 tone and shoot the trailer the same way. Did you ever notice the simple builds take the longest ,,LOL...

IMGP0015-vi.jpg

IMGP0017-vi.jpg

Any ideas on this build would really be helpful...

Posted

Any ideas on this build would really be helpful...

Possibly a small rail along the sides of the bed?

Posted

That is a cool build. I agree a rail down each side will be nice. Color choices will be cool to see when done.

Posted

Pat & Bob the small rails were a great idea thanks ,heres a mock-up , a little more touch up & lay in the 5th wheel and try some paint in the morning..IMGP0019-vi.jpg

IMGP0021-vi.jpg

Posted

Yep, just needed that little ~something~.

Cool stuff.

Posted

Got some color on this last night , wait on the Sublime green to fully cure then extend the Royal blue onto the body

IMGP0026-vi.jpg

IMGP0028-vi.jpg

This was the original idea for this build

IM000023-vi.jpg

Posted

Hey Ken that turned out great. I can't wait to see it and the trailer together. That green will really turn heads.

Posted

That looks really fine, Ken! The body conversion is super and the Sublime looks awesome....My favorite color, actually.

After building 2 of that kit I didn't think there was much you could do with that kit, but you (and Matt Trotta) have changed my opinion, I do believe.

Posted

Right on !!

Posted

Came back off the road today and did a little work finish the H-1 interior, I found the color of Kens Kustom Fuzzi-Fur I needed in Oklahoma ,maybe I can get some seat belts done this weekend also , no completed builds in 3 months , I have a few I'm anxious to start on.

IMGP0075-vi.jpg

built backs for the front seats , rear seat backs cant be seen with the body on

IMGP0077-vi.jpg

IMGP0078-vi.jpg

Posted

I love that green flocking! I bet if you ground it up some you could make it look like astroturf :?:

Posted

This ones almost done , just need to clear coat , add all the detail painting and some PE parts , make a rear bumper [maybe a pipe type].Had to mock up the trailer to get the right ride height . Been a productive weekend so far , good ole Tamiya tape comes thru again .

IMGP0088-vi.jpg

IMGP0091-vi.jpg

IMGP0092-vi.jpg

Posted

THAT'S an eye-catching set-up !!

Posted

Longest quick build snap kit I ever did , hardest thing to polish also , to many hard edges . Added PE wipers and all detail paint , just need to find mirrors, been cracking into kits all morning nothing looks right , might have to snatch 'em out of the H2 kit..

IMGP0016-vi.jpg

IMGP0021-vi.jpg

Posted

Looks fantastic. Love the color!!!

Hurry up with that trailer... I need a pic!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted

Looking good Ken!!

What kind of mirrors do you need? The Revell 70s Custom van from 2000 has the best "California Mirriors" I've found so far. I don't have any to spare I've already built both my copys with them on there but it may be a place to look!

Posted

I never paid much attention to that kit, but yours looks pretty cool Ken! 8)

That trailer is also a neat touch............I just wish I had the display space to show something like that. I guess it's off to Wally World and see about some new shelves! :D

Posted

Thanks for all the cool comments on this build , its done , got a set of mirrors off the new style Revell Dodge pickup , added rear plate and tail lights, now its trailer time......................

Posted

Very nice indeed. . .

Great work. I made mine a little different. . .

Take a look. . . 8)

P1040627-vi.jpg

Posted

Looks great Ken. The colors make it stand out. Can't wait to see the trailer behind it.

Posted

Very nice indeed. . .

Great work. I made mine a little different. . .

Take a look. . . 8)

P1040627-vi.jpg

Thats pretty cool , I like the look and colors are smooth, mine started out kind of on those lines with a tilt bed top , spinners and such but other demon ideas hit me....

Posted

Thats pretty cool , I like the look and colors are smooth, mine started out kind of on those lines with a tilt bed top , spinners and such but other demon ideas hit me....

Both are nice! I like your different approach, Ken!

Posted

Thanks guys. . .

That's just what this is all about; looking at the same thing from very different directions.

I started biuilding my new hobby room, I moved to a bigger house and as soon as I get it finished it's back to business 8) 8) 8)

Bye.

Posted

How did I miss this one??

Really cool! Can't wait to see the entire rig w/trailer.

I painted my H1 snapper in camo colors.