Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Chevrolet Impala

The first, but small update.

I have not found the exact path I want to follow, but I made with photoshop a course idea of what I have in mind. I left the color white, as I am not sure what colors to use just yet.

59impala001.jpg

This is the original picture as found on the interweb

59impala002.jpg

And so far my version, I put the body lower to the ground, added a sideskirt and filled that panel, but I don't like it, so I will keep a seam there, I removed most moldings and that will give it a nice shaved look.

59impala003.jpg

Basically all the parts that I am going to use, now the clean up starts...sigh...

59impala004.jpg

A better picture of the engine parts.

59impala005.jpg

This is the original picture as found on the interweb

59impala002.jpg

l like your reference photo ... same color as the '59 I had ...with the exception the red in the side trim was black on mine. Will ne interesting to see your custom .. it defiantly looks good lowered.

this is coming on well dude . as for the colours tho i would go with the aston martin colour as it goes well with the first one you chose . cant wait to see this one finished keep up the good work .

and yeah whats up with the ignition wires going through the fire wall ?????

Edited by stulee11

Thanks guys!

The story with the spark-plus wires are actually simple, since it is a custom, having a sloppy looking engine bay is definately something that will bring the whole car down. That is why I spent some more time on cleaning up the engine bay.

I made the wheel-arch covers and will use the least amount of cables and hoses as possible. Instead of having a rotor and ignition coil, I will use a ignition coil per cilinder and they will be mounted behind the firewall, together with the ECU's and everything else you need to run the car.

Stuff like the brake-cylinder, coolantfluid, will be located elsewhere on the car. This will give me a nice and clean looking engine bay, worthy of a custom ;-)