Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 scale top fuel drag bike update 12/20/11

Ok well you guys didn't kick me off for the first bike i posted so I thought i would post another.

This probably should be in the completed area but I'm not sure, i still have to add a few more wires, oil lines, and the weals on the wealybar. Hope you like it.

DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

DSCN2045.jpgDSCN2039.jpg

DSCN2032.jpg

sorry about the photos but this will not fit in any backgrounds I have.

Edited by Hippie

thanks again,

my first post was a YRZ500 in the completed form

about being kicked off i mean for posting imported bikes, which don't seam to popular here, but you guys seam to like, but i do have other car related builds that i haven't posted yet.

Really great looking TF bike! These are very interesting in 1:1 scale too. Peter Svensson, from Sweden drives 5.8 times with his Top Fuel Bike here in Europe! Your build looks great. Detailing is perfect, and I can't find any other mistakes from it. :lol:

WOW That's fantastic, very nice build. One problem though.. IT'S NOT A HARLEY. That said, i was at the drags awhile back & a bloke with an untouched Hayabusa except for a extended swing arm kicked the factory Harley's tails, he ended up winning the night.

thanks man,

about the bike, i started with a cheap die cast pro stock bike i found at my model show, the thing was basically destroyed so i got it for only like 15 bucks, the frame is from the die cast but i modified it a lot to change it from a pro stock, to a top fuel bike, the engine, front fork, tires/rims, and the back half fender, are from the die cast, of course with some mods, i basically filled in all the blanks with scratchbuilt stuff, the only resin is form flash point and is the big CF scoop which is 1/16 scale,

tomorrow ill try to post some more pics, i have started to work on the few body panels its needs

Edited by Hippie

OK well i kinda need some help, I'm building the front cowl and can decide what it should to look like i mocked up a few ideas, so which one works the best?

DSCN2152.jpg

DSCN2153.jpg

or this one, which is the nose from revells Kurtis midget, i kinda like this one just cause it looks like a headlight

DSCN2150.jpg

here's the two side by side

DSCN2155.jpg

and for some real progress, not just more questions, I built a work/pit stand

DSCN2156.jpg

so what do ya guys think?

Edited by Hippie

K well here's some more little things finished

I ended up just doing a 3rd new cowl, its just CF decals with some peace sign decals out of the HippieHemi kit.

DSCN2168.jpg

DSCN2169.jpg

Not very impressive but I also did some decals in the back, I figure with a bike costing this much your gonna need some sort of small sponsors.

DSCN2170.jpg

sorry for such little updates, but I'm waiting for some A/N fittings to show up, so I can finish the oil lines

Hi, more stuff

I added a little Racepack computer,

a radio system

glued the front cowl on

and started the oil tank, but it still needs the pump and the brackets

sorry about the pic I know its sucks

DSCN2173.jpg

DSCN2172.jpg

oil tank

DSCN2184.jpg

DSCN2179.jpg

and I bought some paper just big enough to fit the bike in, so better pictures now. :lol:

DSCN2175.jpg

DSCN2178.jpg

Edited by Hippie