Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Duster Fantasy Pro Mod

This is a build that I did sometime ago with a resin body and a modified Revell chassis. Its done as a curbside with Krylon paints and MM clear. I used some nice wheels from the parts box and a decal sheet from Slixx. I used the Kenny Goodell graphics to come up with this "what if" car. Some of you have asked about the open chutes and how they are done.....If you will go to my Photobucket link and go to sub Album 25 there is a "How To" on the Oakley Camaro that shows how they are done. Its straight forward and simple....any questions...please ask. Thanks for looking!260.jpg263.jpg265.jpg267.jpg266.jpg

Edited by Mister Twister

That looks awesome, I love chutes out. Where did you get those front wheels? I've been looking everywhere for that style.

Thanks, the wheels are Comp Resin vintage funny car wheels. I reverse them to show the back side of the rim (flat side of the spoke) and just add a trim ring and you have a modern looking race wheel.

I agree... very cool project... and the chute bags open..

I am still waiting patiently on your How To... on those chutes... LOL :rolleyes:

Thanks much guys!! Bart, as I stated above...Please go to my Photobucket link and go to Album 25..There is a simple "How To" there that explains the open chutes....Thanks again fellas!

Really great looking Duster. I like seeing these Pro Mod cars. Color looks good and paintjob is outstanding. I have never been thinking of building Pro Modified car curbside, but of course if it's with hood scoop and huge engine with NOS it's possible, because everything can be fitted under the scoop. Great job with this build. Keep them coming.

• 1 year later...