Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Cameo crewcab dually 4x4

I have been thinking about building this for awhile and my model club is having a 55 56 57 any make any model build off so i thought this would be the time to get the vision out of my head. I havent done much yet but some cutting and glueing and alot of tape to get an idea. The wheels are from the snap tite chevy wrecker and the tires are 38 in TSL. I will probaly be slow on this since there is going to be alot of body work to get it to look right. here is a pic of the mock up. I have until July to get it finished so hopefully I can make the deadline

2818586300103355180S425x425Q85.jpg

2076055340103355180S425x425Q85.jpg

I think I have a couple extra 55 P/U kits if you need parts. I built several and got tired of building them. Let me know if you need something.

I could use an extra set of the stepside fenders. the ones I am using now are the ones that came in the 53 ford kit and the have the indention on the side where the lights go and I really don't like the way they look.I think the stock ones would look better thanks

Here is a little update I have the cab together and most of the gaps filled in now to the sanding. I also started sanding the molding off of the bed sides but no pics yet of the bed sides. here are the pics of the cab so far. I used nalene fingernail acrlyc to fill in the gaps.

2904266650103355180S425x425Q85.jpg

2110115210103355180S425x425Q85.jpg