Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Hudson, 4-12-12, polished

lowriderphil

Next project, 53 Hudson Hornet, no idea on colors yet but I do know that it will have Replica and Miniatures of MD artillery wheels. So far I have cleaned up the mold lines and set the ride height in the rear, had to notch the frame and belly/driveshaft tunnel, not sure if the front will get this low yet though.

hh001.jpg

hh002.jpg

hh003.jpg

Edited by lowriderphil

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hh018.jpg

stock grille surround with a grille insert from 53 victoria cut down and recessed into the opening, ribbed bumper from Revell 49 Merc

hh019.jpg

stock grille surround with a grille insert from Revell 49 Merc as well as ribbed bumper

Might need to strip and respray this one, primer apparently had some issues and now there are numerous nicks where the paint came off.

I like the first one too, but I hope that you are going to cap the ends of it.

Love the progress so far and those wheels look great.

Later-

I was trying to chop it down without needing to rechrome it, I should have sectioned the center of the sides to retain the caps, but I managed to recess it back enough that with a bit of foil on the ends you wont notice

hh018.jpg

stock grille surround with a grille insert from 53 victoria cut down and recessed into the opening, ribbed bumper from Revell 49 Merc

hh019.jpg

stock grille surround with a grille insert from Revell 49 Merc as well as ribbed bumper

Might need to strip and respray this one, primer apparently had some issues and now there are numerous nicks where the paint came off.

bottom one looks better js

• 1 month later...