Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lifes a beach

novadose71

This is a club diarama built by the Winnebago Auto Modelers for the Milwaukee NNL in 05. We do one every year and I have a blast and learn a ton of new things from the other guys in the club. The surfboard base and all structures are scratch built and figures and other miscellaneous items we get from anywhere and everywhere. I have more pics but wasn't sure how big I could make this post. Enjoy and Keep on modelin'

model047998.jpg

motion033.jpg

motion028.jpg

model185.jpg

model188599.jpg

Nova,

Rule of thumb is 4 or 5 pictures per post. The software shifts to a second page after so many posts but if each of those posts contain lots of pictures then it takes a long time to load.

Hey, can I get you to post your name in the Signature Text box please? That is found in the Profile section and then will end each post you... ah, post? Thanks!

By the way, love the dio!!! 5 thumbs up!

Ok and yes ,already done(forgot to check the post it box), I'll call this a sig. test. I will get this eventually. I was just reading the image MOD (whatever that is) post ,I'll try it next time. Thanks. Are all those thumbs opposable?

Totally Gnarly Dude!! Every part of this diorama is a perfect, from the cars to the people. I even noticed the white surf foam under the pier and the telescopes on the deck of the pier,the T-shirts for sale,nice touch, and the waves hitting the beach. I can almost smell the ocean and the suntan lotion looking at this diorama. Great job guys!!!!! Patrick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow!! I don't get here very often anymore and didn't expect to see this one pop up again. Glad you guys like it. If you wanna see more of this one and our other club diorama's go to my Photobucket link, scroll down to the WAM folders and check them out. This years dio is in the Milwaukee NNL 18 folder towards the bottom of the list. I haven't had time to organize them into the Shiners Rods folder yet.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/burninrob6/

BTW Kyle, we are out of the Fox Valley area. We are also hosting a contest at the Oshkosh Hobbytown on, I believe, May 8th. I should have a flier by tonight and will try to post it this weekend

Thanks for lookin' and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Edited by novadose71

Really nice looking Diorama. Our club (Buckeye Scale Auto Club) has a drag strip diorama we update and add to every year. I can't imagine doing a new one every year. BTW the cars look great too. Looks like a club theme build.

Mark Harmon, Treasurer

Buckeye Scale Auto Club (Columbus, Ohio) B)

Thanks for the very good words Nick. Being a member of WAM is the best thing to happen to my modeling. I feel very lucky to be a member, and I am glad they were persistant and drug me into their circle. And you are right, we do work pretty well together. Thanks again.