Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Revell 2n1 67 Vette

Len, my son just got this kit, and from what I can tell, the new parts (which are referred to as "custom" in the kit) are a set of Minilite wheels, which are generically called "'60s lightweight racing style wheels", a new hood with scoops and chrome insert, a cross-ram manifold with what looks to be Webers with stacks, side exhaust and different front and rear suspension. All interior parts are stock.

The Minilites, too! Those look like they'd be perfect to use on Revell's Greenwood "Stars & Stripes" Corvette or any other of a myriad of late-60s racing Vettes.

Gotta give R-M credit, too, for doing something with this kit besides the typical "big wheel" makeover!

What tires do they have in the kit for the MiniLites?

So, are these "custom" parts newly tooled? Are they possibly borrowed from the "penske" vette from last year(I haven't bought that one yet so I'm not sure what parts are in it.)

It looks like a great, true 2n1. I will be buying this one! thanks Revell!

I would have bought this kit just for the 1/24 scale Minilites if they had looked better than JC Whitney wheelcovers :roll:

I guess they couldn't look too much like Minilites or they'd have to pay a royalty? Is that how bad it has gotten?

Oh well, I have an original issue '67 coupe and the Penske, didn't really need another one, but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

Now if someone would come up w/properly-sized and rendered 2007 Parnelli Jones edition wheels for the Mustang...guess I'm just dreaming :cry:

I'm just happy to have the kit back, period. The body is more accurate than the Convertible kit especially in the front fender top contours.

The cross-ram Webers, GS type hood, and pseudo-Minilites all look good and are quite usable. But those looking for 100% accurate Minilites will need to look elsewhere.

Just in case it wasn't clear in my rant above, I have the earlier release of this kit from '97 (the one that's silver on the box) and love it. It is a great kit, so it is nice to see it back. There are some interesting kitbashing options between the HT and CV w/the different wheels and exhausts. I'll probably swap the coupe's rally wheels and exhaust for the CV's turbines and side pipes, and vice versa.

Funny about the questionable fender contours, I'm used to seeing the CV and it's the HT fenders that look a bit odd to me. I never took the time to look at the models vs. photos in that regard.

looks like a quick and dirty GS coupe start to me. I know that there are other differences. It looks like to me, that somebody started a Grand Sport and didn't get the okay from the brass. So it got issued as a 'custom'. I know that they are different years, but I don't think that there would not be much work involved... of course, I have been wrong before... ask my wife :roll:

• 4 weeks later...