Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin trucks and help

Anybody know some good resources for 50s-70s trucks I'm looking to buy a few. On a previous post in resins I had a bad resin truck bed . Has any one tried to put a thin layer of super glue and a thin coat of filler on something like that? Do you think it will work. I'm trying as I speek because I have noting to loose

Did you try to get your money back or get a replacement bed?

I wouldn't bother trying to repair the bed, in all honesty. Start with a solid foundation or all of the work you put on top of it is at risk.

Which trucks are you looking for? Trucks not available in kit form?

Yes any you don't find or are rare kits . The person I bought it off is no longer on eBay . I'm only trying it to see if it works . I have a camper rear imay build for it .

Did you pay for it via PayPal or using a U.S. Postal Money order?

Check out the usual resin places with good, reputable service:

http://www.modelhaus.com/

Motor City Resin Casters: http://www.motorcityresincasters.com/index2.htm

I'm sure others will chime in with a few more suggestions/recommendations. ;)

Hey Dennis

I dont have too much in pick-up cabs right now,,,just the 1953 F100 Ext cab conversion,,,,I just added a lot of medium duty trucks to the line up that I have not got on the web site yet,,,but I think they are bigger or newer than what Shane is looking for,,,1999 GMC Top Kick and Crew Cab of the same, 1976 GMC C6500 Crew Cab, IH 4700 & IH 4700 Crew Cab, 2002 IH 4400,,,,will try to get them on the web site soon,,,I just dont put my new stuff on here anymore,,,seems everytime I do I get flak about it from someone,,,,

Edited by Porky

Yes any you don't find or are rare kits . The person I bought it off is no longer on eBay . I'm only trying it to see if it works . I have a camper rear imay build for it .

if you dont mind, could you give us the username of this person on ebay?

Hey Dennis

I dont have too much in pick-up cabs right now,,,just the 1953 F100 Ext cab conversion,,,,I just added a lot of medium duty trucks to the line up that I have not got on the web site yet,,,but I think they are bigger or newer than what Shane is looking for,,,1999 GMC Top Kick and Crew Cab of the same, 1976 GMC C6500 Crew Cab, IH 4700 & IH 4700 Crew Cab, 2002 IH 4400,,,,will try to get them on the web site soon,,,I just dont put my new stuff on here anymore,,,seems everytime I do I get flak about it from someone,,,,

what does the top kick go for. I been thinking of a over sized pickup project . I may have to add to my y collection . Do you have pics of that and the 76 gmc?