Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda

ewaskew

This one has a few body change's

Lowered in the front.

The grille was filed from the back side and fine mesh screen was installed

The headligh's are craft bead's with aluminum tube ring's,the rear light's were colored with a sharpie over the chrome and

the chrome on the backup light's was removed.

Eng is box stock

This was just a quick build for me tring to get out of a slump.

Thanks for looking Earl

DSC06140.jpg

DSC06135.jpg

DSC06139.jpg

DSC06137.jpg

You got yourself a nice slump-buster there. Nice job with the screen behind the grill.

Nothing against your model, it's a great build, but I'm surprised by how much I don't like a 'Cuda in black. Maybe I'm used to the orange, green and purple ones but I would have thought this car would really be able to rock a black paint job. FOR ME, I'm not blown away by it. Just my opinion.

Again, I don't want to take away from your build. It's your model and how you like it is what matters most :D please don't be offended.

You got yourself a nice slump-buster there. Nice job with the screen behind the grill.

Nothing against your model, it's a great build, but I'm surprised by how much I don't like a 'Cuda in black. Maybe I'm used to the orange, green and purple ones but I would have thought this car would really be able to rock a black paint job. FOR ME, I'm not blown away by it. Just my opinion.

Again, I don't want to take away from your build. It's your model and how you like it is what matters most :D please don't be offended.

Thank's for all the comment's everyone

I'm not offended at all,like you said we all build for ourself.

I went this way so that it would'nt be just another Cuda.

That's the reason for the few body change's.

And black is a good color on this one. It make's it stand out.

Edited by ewaskew

maybe, just maybe; a very very thin, flourescent orange pinstripe along the upper fender edge, across the front end, all the way to the rear, then looping down and going around the tail panel? just thinkin'.

Yea I thought about the same thing in orange or sublime green but the paint did'nt work out the way I wanted so I slung it together just to get one finished.

Agreed all you need is the power bulge hood chrome bumpers and a silver pinstripe.... Very nice build!!

Do's anyone have a photo of the Phantasm cuda.

I have more of these in stock,I may build one like it also.

Edited by ewaskew

Here's the Phantasm '71- black with Cragars (but a two scoop hood - been over 20 years since I saw the movie but it seems there were close up shots of incorrecrt "hemicuda" emblems added to the hood)

i005088.jpg

Thanks for the photo,as far as I know I'll have to scratch build that hood.

I have'nt seen one in kit form.

That hood is available in plastic with the "other" version of the Monogram kit (was the "Street Machine" back in the 80s and has been reissued several times- came with SST style custom wheels, the power bulge rather than Shaker hood, a roll bar and an AAR style spoiler rather than the wing)

These kits are fairly common now but there seemed to be a "dry spell" a few years back making these hoods a commonly available item from several resin casters. Check eBay and you can usually always find a resin hood for around $4.50 (Missing Link?) or a complete kit for the same or less than a new one

That hood is available in plastic with the "other" version of the Monogram kit (was the "Street Machine" back in the 80s and has been reissued several times- came with SST style custom wheels, the power bulge rather than Shaker hood, a roll bar and an AAR style spoiler rather than the wing)

These kits are fairly common now but there seemed to be a "dry spell" a few years back making these hoods a commonly available item from several resin casters. Check eBay and you can usually always find a resin hood for around $4.50 (Missing Link?) or a complete kit for the same or less than a new one

Thanks I'll be on the look out for one.

Super nice 'Cuda ! Kudos for the "real" sized tyres and wheels :D

On a side note- the LAST Plymouth 440+6 would be Mopar Larry's '72 Road Runner (one of my future projects) :)

larry72rr44062.jpg

*NOT* to railroad the topic here ,but I couldn't help but become hyper over seeing what I ~hope~ is a legit 1972 440 Six Barrel Road Runner !! Chrysler's last high-compression and multi-carb'ed engine (10.25:1 compression , 330 net H.P. ) , and only +/- six were built in late 1971 .

• 1 year later...