Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Tony Nancy 22 Jr Dragster/Roadster

regular guy

Hello everyone.

I recently realized I like models vintage dragsters and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide any information and/or pictures of this kit. For some reason I did not know this kit exists until today. Sort of reminds me of the AMT Fiat double dragster kit, except it's clearly not a fiat.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I bought one(revell re-release) not to long ago its an okay kit but for what ever reason mine had no instructions at all. I would you get you some pics but I got a little angry at my 500 year old digital camera and tossed out of my second story window onto my driveway, lets just say I am in the market for a new one.

well not sure what kind of info you desire but i have an original of the kit and i just purchased the reissue. i can tell you the cars are much more fiddley than the AMT double dragster, but thats typical for revell of the era, that fiddleness results in very detailed builds. there is flash in the reissue that i dont see in the original but not a terrible amount. both cars are molded in colored plastic, i dont have the kit in front of me but i think i recall at least one is molded in dark gray. post some more info on what youre looking for and i or someone will probably help. overall i would say its a very worthwhile kit and really do build into a pair of kool dragsters.

I bought one(revell re-release) not to long ago its an okay kit but for what ever reason mine had no instructions at all. I would you get you some pics but I got a little angry at my 500 year old digital camera and tossed out of my second story window onto my driveway, lets just say I am in the market for a new one.

Just in case you still don't have the instruction, here is the online copy

http://manuals.hobbico.com/rmx/85-1224.pdf

If you're building a 1960-'64 Dragster, the Tony Nancy double kit is a great part source. The chassis for the Revellion was one of these. The Fuller chassis wasn't common but overall this is a great kit. TAKE your time, who ever said it was fidgety was dead on. It can be a challenge but the result is worth the effort.

Mike

• 1 year later...

Tom West told me that one of the reasons the Tony Nancy double kit was not issued sooner was because they cut the chrome tooling in half when they did the Revellion Funny Car Kit. He found the other half of the tooling on a dusty bench at Revell and they restored it back so it could be re-issued.

Thanks, Tom!!