Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Gumball Rally- GUMBALL HAS STARTED

Nick Winter

I've already started sourcing parts for the yellow Camaro from the original movie.....Nick, you have a PM from me.

I have always found it ironic that Brock Yates, who was involved in the original race, wrote the screenplay for 'Cannonball Run.' The two stories of the race couldn't have been more different. The Ferrari Daytona that he won the real race with was at our local auto museum a few years ago, as was his Challenger. He lives in the finger lakes region of NY, in a small town called Wyoming, and had a restaurant there called the 'Cannonball Run Pub.'

Hello Gumball Rallyers, just in case you didn't know I have taken over moderating the Cannonball Run CBP from Jantrix and I was planning on moving it from SA over here to MCM for 2012. I didn't realize that Nick had started the Gumball and he didn't know I was moving the Cannonball here but I PM'ed him yesterday and I think we agreed that there is room for both here on the forum. I will be posting information on the 2012 Cannonball Run after the 1st of the year, it will be a little stricter in the year and equiptment requirements so that will keep things different. Anyone involved in the Gumball is more than welcome to also join the Cannonball, I'm considering an entry in the Gumball myself (kinda thinking Chevy Monza...but still unsure of that). Stay tuned for Cannonball info and good luck to all the Gumball entrys.

I might have to build one for each of these then. The Camaro that I was thinking of (my own take on the car from the movie) for the Gumball CBP, and the mid-engine V-8 Corvair for the Cannonball CBP.

Had to order a new karmann giha from Lucky model since the one i got is not near the state of rebuild nor fresh neither barely started. So i think that i can start the build in like a week or so. Depending on when i got the karmann.

Made a test run whit the one Karmann bottom plate i got, and boy it will be a hudge task to get the Porsche Carrera engine to fit, but it is possible to shoehorn it in. So i only say to all ye others eat my bust when i fly past ye. The only thing you will see of me is my tail lights

DISAPPEARING in to the HORIZON :)

Nick i will send you pics when the Karmann has arrived.

Edited by patami

Hello Gumball Rallyers, just in case you didn't know I have taken over moderating the Cannonball Run CBP from Jantrix and I was planning on moving it from SA over here to MCM for 2012. I didn't realize that Nick had started the Gumball and he didn't know I was moving the Cannonball here but I PM'ed him yesterday and I think we agreed that there is room for both here on the forum. I will be posting information on the 2012 Cannonball Run after the 1st of the year, it will be a little stricter in the year and equiptment requirements so that will keep things different. Anyone involved in the Gumball is more than welcome to also join the Cannonball, I'm considering an entry in the Gumball myself (kinda thinking Chevy Monza...but still unsure of that). Stay tuned for Cannonball info and good luck to all the Gumball entrys.

Might take part in this with a Audi golf.

I should say something about the Cannonball Run CBP before you guys get too many ideas. I will be starting a seperate post for it in another day or 2, but the "rules" will be a little stricter than whan Nick has going on here so some of your ideas aren't going to work for it. An Audi isn't going to work unless you can find a really old Audi kit. You'll see what I have in mind soon enough and I think you will like the idea that I have for it.......Now back to your regularly scheduled Rally....

I should say something about the Cannonball Run CBP before you guys get too many ideas. An Audi isn't going to work unless you can find a really old Audi kit. You'll see what I have in mind soon enough and I think you will like the idea that I have for it.......Now back to your regularly scheduled Rally....

Ill just have to bide my time then, i guess :)

Jonathan I don t think we need to do that. Since my build will be a 1966 Karmann giha whit a Carrera gt V10 engine and that has got the green light from Nick.

I wish my Karmann would come next week so i can get started stuffing the engine in. :(

Jonathan I don t think we need to do that. Since my build will be a 1966 Karmann giha whit a Carrera gt V10 engine and that has got the green light from Nick.

I wish my Karmann would come next week so i can get started stuffing the engine in. :(

A 1966 Karmann giha whit a Carrera gt V10?

That sounds altra Cool Beans.

I'll be watching just to see how that all goes together :D

A 1966 Karmann giha whit a Carrera gt V10?

That sounds altra Cool Beans.

I'll be watching just to see how that all goes together :D

Is that so strange? Since dawn of times there been engine swaps done. A Porsche engine in a Karmann. :rolleyes:

Okey it might just might be kinda far out this one have to admit. :D

Yup it ll fit nice with a shoehorn and lots of grease :lol:

Edited by patami

Nick- ok the vehicles we chose can not be newer the 85, but can we use newer engines, drive trains, and so on?, or do we have to keep everything with in the years stated

Johnathan, I'm willing to let some stuff slide, meaning newer engines in older cars, Newer tires, ETC

Did the wheels and plates.

GEDC1422.jpg

CopyoflpgenIphp.png

lpgenIphp.png

Edited by Nick Winter

Hmmm a hemi cuda ,70 Coronet and a slew of mopars we have as far s seeing dust from the hemi,

you will have all the so-called purist experts from Barret Jackson chasing you leaving me to show you

a proper wedge head will do :P better pics later this week. as my crew has sorta wheeled in some awesome parts from a chrysler showcar, apparently these boys have a nice viper V-10 with an auto trans

and thensuspension under the truck but i was asked not to ask where the parts have come from.

they keep me on my tows everytime i go out back of the shop i keep seeing new arrivals to be scrapped out .man the boys take after the older folk rowming around here . seems there has been this kindof thing going on since the late 50's .

With the connections here in this shop , nothing surprizes me much anymore.

Moreto come later this week good luck to everyone here and watch out for Lapchick on his cycle.

Michael

post-1780-0-00430500-1326084357_thumb.jp