Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

Mr Ballard is also making a new mold of the body for those on the waiting list!

Kevin , please add my name to the waiting list (or provide a link to where I can add myself to the list) .

Due to financial issues , I missed out on the '73 Chevelle its first time around (and the '72 Demon too ... :angry: ) . Now I'm ready !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jeff, Lets get that '72 Montego GT done so I can order 2 of them from you, I have always wanted that car also, I already have this Chevelle, Absolutely Beautiful work on this one. Same with the '74 Ford Van, I want one of those also...Send me a PM if you could for info on ordering one.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I did some test fitting with my Chevelle. Looks like the rear axle from Revell '67 Chevelle fits almost perfectly, only with minor modifications to original Lower A-Arms (Is that the correct name?). But that doesn't matter with my build, since I'll scratchbuild my own (It'll be a Stocker). On the front, original front axle system would fit probably good with some cutting (Haven't tried yet).

Rear axle is how it will sit, front end is just mocked up without any front axle system.

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

I'll start my build really soon... ;)

Lower A-Frames , Lower Control Arms , or just A-Frames is proper . Just as a Motor and an Engine are the same . Nice progress . Keep it coming . Thanx ..

That style of gm has upper and lower control arms for the rear suspension. A arms are for the front suspension or for some independent rear suspensions. And engines and motors are not the same. An engine runs on some type of fuel. A motor is an electrical device. i.e. an internal combustion engine has a starter motor.

Edited by Toner283

Thanks guys for the nice words. And thanks Tom for making this Master and Kevin for casting this into resin and sending two of them here in Finland! My dad was really happy with the quality of his '73, too. :)

Thanks for the English words, too. Sometimes I ran into these problems, as I don't speak English as my native language... ;)

Edit: At the same time I guess I'll build a '75 Olds Cutlass as a Stock Eliminator Drag Car as well. It'll be a Curbside, though, Chevelle will be a "Full Detail".

Edited by W-409

• 2 weeks later...

Wagon wagon wagon!!! Think of the possibilities, Olds version, Buick version, Pontiac version...........taxis, public service, stock, drag, demo, drag..................oh man!!!! (Was a kid in the '70s, can't help it.)

Me too...!!! While your at it what about doing a 73 to 76 Pontiac Grand Am...?....love wagons!...absolute nut about them from the 60s to 70s.