Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

Just read through these 16 pages (!!). What a wonderful project and exciting news.

I thought about such a project on my own for years and always couldn't decide with which body to start. As both the MPC and AMT have a lot of issues. Swapping the JoHan greenhouse would have been a much too big task for me so I am veeeery happy someone does it for me! ;)

Can't wait till they are available.

Suggestion for a future project:

71/72 GM full size two door Sport Coupe, Buick and Chevy preferred for me. Not the "Custom" formal type roof like the 71-73 Impala/Caprice kits from MPC.

Edited by JS23U

OK, I'm another one who has read through this entire topic with great anticipation. My first new car was a 1973 Laguna . . . and I would certainly buy a few of these when they are available. Can't wait to see the finished product. Incidentally, mine had the bench seat so having that option would be nice . . . but not critical. Please keep us posted as to how and when to order, and THANK YOU to you and everyone who has contributed to make this model a reality. Outstanding work.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has been involved in creating this kit. I just can't wait to build a few of them. My first car was a 73 Chevelle that was a butternut yellow when I got it. I then had it painted metallic blue and finally firemist burgandy. I would love to do one of each.

I'm thinking if I should buy this '73 Chevelle too, not sure yet though. The '79-'81 Chevy Malibu would interest me too, so I'm thinking which one I should buy... Well when the '74 comes out, then I got to get few of them!

A question: How will these be available? I mean that once they got sold out at some point (I guess they will do), will there be more or is it just one run?

I'd have to throw my hat in the ring on this one. My first car was a 73 Chevelle and I just loved it.

1983 My first car was a $400 '73 Chevelle and I hated it! Sucked gas like a truck, nothing on the dash worked but headlights, primered body work, paint like chalk, Keystone mags, leaked everything including through windows, entire interior was warped & rotted, including the headliner. But then, there was every evidence that it had been submerged (dried mud under the rear package deck?). How could you not be sentimental of a car like that?

Yeah, I'd up for preserving that memory in 1/25.

1983 My first car was a $400 '73 Chevelle and I hated it! Sucked gas like a truck, nothing on the dash worked but headlights, primered body work, paint like chalk, Keystone mags, leaked everything including through windows, entire interior was warped & rotted, including the headliner. But then, there was every evidence that it had been submerged (dried mud under the rear package deck?). How could you not be sentimental of a car like that?

Wow, I could only laugh when I read this. I guess there is always a lemon in every line. Mine sure wasn't perfect either but I was in love with it. I didn't have the problems you have mentioned Mike.

I would say it is worth while recreating the beast in 1/25 scale.

So you paid 400$ for a car that was 10 years old, probably had past 100000 miles with mud UNDER the package shelf, no less. Yep, all those Chevelles were definitely POS. ;)

i havent even thought about pictures since they arent complete, nor do i have any ready for the meeting, besides Tom get his copies first, he made the master...but i assure you they will be as pretty as any missing link kits

I keep checking the Missing Link site, but they aren't there yet.

I really hope you go through this posting to locate those that were interested in this kit before you make it available on-line.

I've been following this post to see if it is ready to go yet?

I have wanted a stock version of this kit since the Stock-car version was issued!!

Message me when they are available!!!

Hey peoples ! Achtung ! He is working to complete the resin kit . Asking him to PM just you is slowing down the process . Put yourself in his shoes . Either you make the kit or spend time sending out PM's . I am just as guilty . I am waiting for the 1911 Chevrolet & the '70 AMC Javelin (just for some parts he will sell me) . I've bugged Kevin Twice within the last year for it . He will answer you . I , myself , will look for the News of the release here rather than expecting a PM . Myself and many others . Patience , it's time will come . I'm sure he is anticipating filling our requests for a great kit(s) . Thanx ..

i will be at indy in may (so far anyway)...i cant say for sure if the chevelles will make it there or not...so far the decals havent been made & new jersey nnl is april 20th + all the people on here that want them!