Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pace spray booths on sale?

Harry,

I watched them for almost a year waiting and they never did go on special. When I started he was charging shipping, when that changed I decided to pull the trigger, saved between $50-$100.

Got mine over the summer and absolutely love it.

Robyn

I wanted the big one but just did not have a place to put it, I got the Super Mini and so far it has been big enough. I have a few 1/16 scale kits to build in the future and I am not sure how those will work but time will tell.

Robyn

Do they ever have a sale or go at a discount?

Pace ran a sale last winter (January-February), which is when I bought mine Harry!) Seems to me it was 15-20% off. Either way, I LOVE my Pace Peacemaker--given that I live in an apartment in an older house with central heat and AC, NOBODY else even notices that I fire up my airbrush--all the smell goes outside, and no overspray dust inside either!

Art

Pace ran a sale last winter (January-February), which is when I bought mine Harry!) Seems to me it was 15-20% off. Either way, I LOVE my Pace Peacemaker--given that I live in an apartment in an older house with central heat and AC, NOBODY else even notices that I fire up my airbrush--all the smell goes outside, and no overspray dust inside either!

Art

Yeah, I've heard good things about them. (plus, they're a magazine advertiser... ;) ).

Maybe the January/February sale is an annual thing. If so, it should be right around the corner. I'll keep my eyes open... I've been wanting that big one for a while now! It looks like a fine product.

Harry,

I remember meeting the owner at the Wheaton show about 7 Februarys ago. Nice guy and I liked the quality of the booth, just didn't have the cash at the time.

You might check to see if he will be at a show nearby soon. He might discount the booth if he can bring it along and not pay shipping- it is worth asking!

I will be looking at finally getting one after I sell off some kits I don't intend to build.

like you mention they are more or less "on sale" right now what with no tax (if you live out of state) and free shipping. i was just looking at them today and i think tomorrow morning i am calling up to order the smallest of the "peacemaker" series mostly to get the benefit of the two built in 75 watt light bulbs. they are about 80$ more than the next one down but are a bit bigger too...not as big as the biggest though. then i will have to go visit home depot and get some foam board and vent tube to run out the window. then i need to watch Dr Crankys vids to figure out more than just how to pull the trigger on the brush.

• 1 month later...

Just got the big one myself last month, it takes 12 x 20 x1 filter, looks like any pleated type furnace filter. I never e-mailed him but he answered the phone when I called. got free freight. Booth is NICE !! very well made, quiet and works great, the overspray just disappears, it exceeds my expectations. you won't regret buying one.

Just got the big one myself last month, it takes 12 x 20 x1 filter, looks like any pleated type furnace filter. I never e-mailed him but he answered the phone when I called. got free freight. Booth is NICE !! very well made, quiet and works great, the overspray just disappears, it exceeds my expectations. you won't regret buying one.

Thanks for that reply about the filters.

People keep asking about emailing him..I dont think he answers emails....sounds like an older guy, on the phone anyway, if thats the case he probably cant be bothered...calling him is the way to go