Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's excited or is it just me?

Hi Mike, can you tell me more about MPC Pro Stock series?

Cheers

All i can tell you is that back in January I contacted Round2 and suggested that these might be great sellers if they release them. The person who replied told me that they're looking into all of the old Pro Stock , Dragster and Funny Car molds to see how they've held up. And that there's a very good chance we'll be seeing them in the next year or so

Okay, I admit, I am fairly excited. I absolutely don't need another kit. But when I saw the list for Revell this year, I decided I could use a few more - the '50 Olds, '57 Ford, and '62 Corvette. I don't even like Gremlins, but for some reason after seeing the built up in the AMT advertisement, I thought it would be cool (I liked the tires on the build up - any idea if those will actually be in the kit (Good Year labeled))?. Also, the AMT van - no interest - until I saw the decal sheet - that did something for me. The Hudson convertible I am not as excited about - but will get one.

Okay, I admit, I am fairly excited. I absolutely don't need another kit. But when I saw the list for Revell this year, I decided I could use a few more - the '50 Olds, '57 Ford, and '62 Corvette. I don't even like Gremlins, but for some reason after seeing the built up in the AMT advertisement, I thought it would be cool (I liked the tires on the build up - any idea if those will actually be in the kit (Good Year labeled))?. Also, the AMT van - no interest - until I saw the decal sheet - that did something for me. The Hudson convertible I am not as excited about - but will get one.

For me, Gremlins invoke the gag reflex , but when I saw that they're including pro Stock parts, I decided that i'm going to pick one up

There are far more models available that I desperately want to build than there is time for me to do them. In other words, I will never build every model I would like to. That either makes me quite happy or super stressed. I'm not sure which. My current modeling approach is to make less models but use my full potential with each of them. It finally hit me that one very good model was better than three none of which you're happy with.

You guys will hate me for this but the Ice Patrol snowmobile died violently in my hands. I thought the truck would look better with a bike in the back so I put the Yamaha dirtbike from the MPC Chevy step-side p/u in the box, built the snowmobile(even painted it), doused it in lighter fluid and launched it off the roof of my buddies house via one of those elastic powered Hot-Wheels launch pads. 8)