Model Cars Magazine Forum

large scale hot rod

dpride

Thank you all for commenting.

Ognib, The chassis for this car is RHS 18 gauge ERW steel tube. The exhuast pipes are Plastruct tube and elbows and the welds" are superglue mixed with talc.

Harry P, thanks for the kind words, It's what I do for a living.....make stuff. As to this project, it's just about finished except for a few little things like putting on the door handles etc. Here is a current pic with a girl I prepared earlier. :)

post-9041-0-52164400-1367740818_thumb.jp

Edited by dpride

• 2 weeks later...

so cool! this car just screams cool!

im thinkin about doin a large scale build for my "comeback" ive been away from the bench for 6 months and, i have a couple 1/8th kits, but definitely wanna get alot of aftermarket parts, and scratchbuild alot of stuff too......i want it to be my best build to date.

very nice work!

cheers

bryan

• 9 months later...

Bob, I could probably build one in about 6 weeks if I had a deadline, depending on the type of car.

The other 2 cars I'm doing have been about a year in the making. Because no kits or parts are available, I have to make all the bits.

Leonard, thanks

Mike, I have imagined that too... :-)

• 1 month later...