Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run CBP 2012

slantasaurus

Racers, I present the 1960 Cor-Vex. These are some look-see shots. I invite you to view more in Under Glass.

Admittedly, this one strayed from the original plan which was to be more of a road racer, but the steelies just seemed to betray the show quality of it. Also I started to become more enamored with colors and styles of the magazine customs of the time.

LeftFrontCannonball.jpg

LeftRearCannonball.jpg

Engine.jpg

Nothing to see underneath. I just freehanded the underpipes. The dated chassis didn't lend itself well to detail and goes together in odd chunks.

Underside.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

Awesome work guys! Well I am sad to say I will have to withdraw from the race due to some paint flaking off the body. The polishing cloth caught an edge while polishing and chipped it quite badly and I want to do it right so it will get a repaint instead of just touched up. It will get finished soon, just not in the next day.

Sorry to hear that, Billy. I hope it turns out good though. :D

A small update of my Chrysler. The engine bay is slowly getting there, still some more work to do, but I managed to get the battery on place, cables are by Scale Dreams and those battery connectors (?) are by Detail Master I guess. All other wires are Scale Dreams too, except water hoses what are electric wires from my parts box.

The grille is installed too, and I painted those Headlight bezels (?) white.

PB290224.jpg

PB290225.jpg

PB290228.jpg

PB290242.jpg

Should be done by tomorrow, all parts are painted. Just needs to throw it together. B)

Awesome builds Zen and Luna. Really like them both!!

Mines no beauty queen. I intentionally went the stripped down to as light as possible, lived a rough life streetracer look (hopefully of that era) with as bad a motor as one can build. Removed all the trim, drilled trim mount holes then did not so great bodywork to fill them in. Semi gloss clear over hot rod grey primer and a flat black hood gave it the tough look I was wanting. So take a street racer, put a big tank in it, throw some spares in the back, "borrow" a few license plates for the upcoming trip and you have a tough as nails race car that take on anyone in its path.

This was fun. It actually helped chill me out and relax from a very hectic, busy summer, I`m glad I jumped back in. Good luck everyone.

SDC10686.jpg

SDC10676-2.jpgSDC10679-2.jpgSDC10684.jpgSDC10678-1.jpg

ARC I wouldn't have believed it. When you started just a week ago and jumped in with what I considered secondary details like drilling out the grill and all the dremel work I thought you'd be a no show. I admire folks who can work that quick and have the 'cojones to still do a quality, well considered job. Nice work.

Must..get...done...today...

Heh, that's exactly what I was thinking on the Morning!

THE CHRYSLER IS FINISHED!!!!

I'm very happy to get it done by the Deadline. I will start writing the Under Glass post in few hours time, then you get some more information about the final assembly and that kind of stuff. This was alot of fun, and even if my Chrysler is far away from the best builds in here, I'm happy with it.

I had to blur one Teaser-shot. I will insert a link to this post when Under Glass post is made.

Teaser.jpg

W...w...w...wait for me! :lol:

FINALLY pulling up to the starting line in my '55.

100_1993.jpg

100_1994.jpg

100_1995.jpg

100_1996.jpg

100_1997.jpg

Definitely not one of my best builds, I tried a lot of things on this one that I've never done before so that's expected to happen. But I had fun, and that's the whole point anyway, right? :D

Good luck to everyone in voting! :)

Link to Under Glass thread:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67174

Edited by SuperStockAndy

While there are still 2 hours until the deadline I thought I would chime in now. Well done gentlemen, there are some very nice entries for this years Cannonball, ALL of you have built some great models. My 62 Max Wedge Dart will not be among those competing for the title this year though. I guess I can still wave the green flag and hop on a DC-3 and head out west to wave the checkered flag. I'm still deciding on how I should wrap up this years Cannonball. One thing I do know is that I will not be in charge of a Cannonball for 2013. I really hope the Cannonball continues without me as you are a great group of builders and this CBP has been a lot of fun for everyone the past few years. I will let everyone who has a finished model know what the next step will be in a PM this weekend.

Thank you again to everyone involved in the cannonball Run 2012, even if you didn't finish your model, I really enjoyed seeing all of the different ideas that have been posted in this CBP.

Oh, amazing work, Mike, Fred, Niko, & Andy thoose are some awesome cars you guys built.

Thanks! Your Corvette looks very clean too, excellent job.

While there are still 2 hours until the deadline I thought I would chime in now. Well done gentlemen, there are some very nice entries for this years Cannonball, ALL of you have built some great models. My 62 Max Wedge Dart will not be among those competing for the title this year though. I guess I can still wave the green flag and hop on a DC-3 and head out west to wave the checkered flag. I'm still deciding on how I should wrap up this years Cannonball. One thing I do know is that I will not be in charge of a Cannonball for 2013. I really hope the Cannonball continues without me as you are a great group of builders and this CBP has been a lot of fun for everyone the past few years. I will let everyone who has a finished model know what the next step will be in a PM this weekend.

Thank you again to everyone involved in the cannonball Run 2012, even if you didn't finish your model, I really enjoyed seeing all of the different ideas that have been posted in this CBP.

Thanks for hosting this CBP, it was alot of fun. Sorry to hear that you can't make the Dart done, it was very interesting. Hopefully we'll see it finished later.

My Under Glass-thread can be found Here. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67165

What a bummer Michael. Sure would've been good to see your 'goods'. Don't leave us hanging though, be sure to let us see it when you wrap things up.

Same with you Slant, sorry you can't make it but that's real life. You have a very compelling start and I'd sure like to see the rest of that kitbash. I don't have the technical knowledge you do so I've been paying attention. If you need any help setting up the polling thread, maybe Jantrix or I can help.

Niko, you did another well thought out, well executed build. Great job.

MLM I liked your color choices the moment I saw it. I also like your engine detail. I hope when (if) we run this again you will jump in early and take the time to really show us the best of your talent. Well done my friend.

Thanx, Mike!

After speaking to Ron last night, they're will be a 2013 Cannonball Run on MCM Forums. I've decided to Continue with putting it on, so like the 2012 Race, the rules and theme will be posted in January and the Building will start on February 1st.

Nick

That sounds excellent, I'm in! :D