Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run CBP 2012

slantasaurus

Thanks Luna, your vette is a true work of art, it's one of if not the best custom cars I've ever seen in my 21 years of living.

If you guys are doing one next uear I'll be in it for sure, like last years (which was my first) this year was a total blast and I look foward to doing another so count me in.

Slant, thank you for running it this year and it is a shame you couldn't finish, being a major mopar fan myself. I hope that when you get it finished you'll post it and show it in all it's glory.

I look foward to seeing who wins this year, best of luck to everyone.

OK to Luna and those who made it i will be bringin' up the rear and make sure i have last place sewn up :huh: . But seriously i want to thank Slant for putting this on and feel bad that he too didn't make it either. mine was self inflicted with procrastination and also with a paint job that wouldn't cooperate with me . and a container of purple stuff that would not strip off the paint . then to have it spill all over the floor of my lil room made more fun. Then to lose the dash along with the body , thank goodness i had an unopened kit still stashed for those pieces.this kit was a dream to put together and if anyone hasnt built this car yet i have to say do it .post-1780-0-58655500-1354502963_thumb.jppost-1780-0-60058200-1354503031_thumb.jppost-1780-0-50028500-1354503095_thumb.jppost-1780-0-64799000-1354503141_thumb.jppost-1780-0-91648200-1354503396_thumb.jp

here are pics of the frame in mockup and of her sitting alongside the street and the under view, plus one with a 63 1/2 Galaxie that i started in 1987 and havent finished yet .

Nick glad to see you taking up the cause for anthoer cannonball, i will be there for sure and who knows maybe get one done .

And i havae to say there have been some really AWESOME looking cars here and it will be tough to see a clear winner Good Luck to all

Michael

C'mon Jim i will be there with the 'Tona waiting for that lil 'vair . the shop keeps running me around on the engine so we have to wait for that but the body is going to paint real soon this week hopefully. but i do know how it is. So good Luck Michael

Thanks Slant & thanks to all you who entered whether you made it to the start line or not.

Now, next year. Anything goes or another age restriction?

I must admit having to work to a specific set of requirements does focus the mind wonderfully.

Okay so..............to date................we have run five of these now correct? And they have been............

1st - Unlimited

2nd- Unlimited

3rd - Route 66 theme

4th - 1981 and earlier

5th - 1962 and earlier

So some possible ideas .............

Cannonball Euro (no American vehicles)

Muscle Car mash (1964-74)

Cannonball 2000 (2000 and newer)

another go at unlimited

ummm.............thats all I got.

Okay so..............to date................we have run five of these now correct? And they have been............

1st - Unlimited

2nd- Unlimited

3rd - Route 66 theme

4th - 1981 and earlier

5th - 1962 and earlier

So some possible ideas .............

Cannonball Euro (no American vehicles)

Muscle Car mash (1964-74)

Cannonball 2000 (2000 and newer)

another go at unlimited

ummm.............thats all I got.

I like your idea's Rob, The one idea that keeps hitting me would fit basically into two of your choices, the Orginal "Cannonball Sea to Shinning Sea Memorial Trophy Dash" Races were held in '72, '75, and '79, the first Cannonball related movie was '76 with Cannonball!

The Original Rules were:

"All competitors will drive any vehicle of their choosing, over any route, at any speed they judge practical, between the starting point and destination. The competitor finishing with the lowest elapsed time is the winner."

So my thoughts are, In the last years we've had '81 or earlier and '62 or earlier, well why don't we try '79 or Earlier

1979 being the last year that Brock Yates held the Cannonball Sea to Shinning Sea Memorial Trophy Dash?

And of course use Mr. Yates rules.

My 2 Cents worth.

Nick

It's early so I'm not endorsing the unlimited idea, but it occurred to me that since this migrated over here from over there, some members don't know (or learned late) what Cannonball is. Maybe an unlimited would make it accessible to a new group.

Edited by Lunajammer

It's early so I'm not endorsing the unlimited idea, but it occurred to me that since this migrated over here from over there, some members don't know (or learned late) what Cannonball is. Maybe an unlimited would make it accessible to a new group.

I think this is a good idea as well.

I'm with Nick on this one. Pre '79 would be good. Bit different style vehicles maybe than this time, so it's not the same game twice, and it's quite large category which means lots of different kinds of builds.

Cannonball Euro would be great idea, But I wonder how many racers there would be? Mostly we build American Cars in here. I would be in for sure with my Austin Healey.

Muscle Car Mash sounds excellent. I would be in there too. I guess there would be many racers with their favorite Muscle Cars. :lol:

Cannonball 2000. Good idea, but would there be any other cars than new Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers? :D I might be in if that's chosen, but could those cars have older parts than 2000?

Unlimited is good too, many different kinds of racers.

Just thinking aloud. I hope we get nice race next year doesn't matter which subject is chosen. I guess I'm in anyway. B)

I just think a '79 run is too close to the '81 run we did in 2011. Two years I isn't much different really.

Rob my thoughts were more on the actual meaning of the year 1979 in regards to the Cannonball, not so much the year it's self but the significance of it to the Cannonball races.

Nick

I really don't care either way, it only for fun in the end, just thought after 2 un-limited's, 1 60's era and 1 80's era, that maybe it was time for a different year, of Course we could use other years with a close related significance such as 1972, 1975, or 1976.

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone remembers me but I was in the 2011 cannonball, I was the 70 AAR Cuda. Anyway, I'm sorry I missed this years, it's not that I didn't have a car, I did, but I decided it be best if I stayed out of it this year due to the prize thing.

Because MLMdesign is my younger brother and we currently reside at the same house. I stayed out of it this year because I didn't want anyone to think that someone from this location was trying to sneak 2 entry's in trying to win prizes, I did what I felt was the honorable thing and just stayed out of it.

Because this year's is pretty much wrapped up aside from voting I thought I would go ahead and ask this before the next one starts. It looks like next year wont have any prizes. Which is perfect with me, win or lose I would just like to build a car for next year. I had a ton of fun in 11' and I'd really like to do it again. So would anyone mind if I joined next years build?

On a different note I know it's late but you guys did a wonder job in your entry's Luna, your vette is jaw dropping, Zen, the Chevy panel is beautiful, I did a 64 Suburban for my Dad's birthday so I understand the work you put in it. A.R.C, The cleared flat black finish on the Fairlane really makes it stand out and look aggressive. W-409 being a mopar fan like my brother I really like the 57' that paint job is perfect

If I am permitted to enter next year, I would be open for anything. An unlimited would be entertaining but I think having rules and restrictions would be more interesting. So I'm on the fence about either unlimited or the 79' theme. Anyway let me know on the above if I can enter I'll decide and vote on next years theme. If not that's okay I understand, I'll still root for everyone next year. Thanks