Model Cars Magazine Forum

My New Year's model building resolutions for 2012

Yeah I'd also like to finish at least 3 of my started projects...

'50 Ford Convertable Custom.

'56 Chevy Nomad.

'58 Plymouth "Christine"

Then I hope to move on to building at least 3 other models not yet started. Trouble is... There are just so darn many in the 100+ unbuilt herd to choose from... Plus the brandy new stuff I got for Christmas ('48 Ford Chopped Coupes, '53 Hudson & Tall T Double Kit) which were added to the herd. So many models... So little time...

I learned a long time ago, a resolution is a promise to ones self. That is the easiest promise to break. 28 years ago I made the only resolution i've ever kept. :) I resolved never to make another new years resolution. :D

Replace '28' with '12' and that's exactly what I have to say about it. B)

Chuck it seems you and I think the same way on alot of things...have you seen a psychologist about it? :lol:

Yes. And both of you miss what a resolution is. It is not a frivolous promise to oneself to set some goal which you may not keep, but a statement of a determination to earnestly work toward that goal to accomplish the desired end. Those successful in life have the resolve, those that aren't, are not.

Yes. And both of you miss what a resolution is. It is not a frivolous promise to oneself to set some goal which you may not keep, but a statement of a determination to earnestly work toward that goal to accomplish the desired end. Those successful in life have the resolve, those that aren't, are not.

For some people, yes, it is. But for others, it IS a frivolous promise to set some great goal they won't keep. I set goals for myself constantly- I just don't use a date on the calendar to set and work towards them, that's all. ;)

Jacen. I will be 67 years old in 2 wks. My eldest son who will be 44 a few weeks later, lives with me because of physical problems, When you get to be my age, maybe you will comprehend the post a little bit better. Chuck gets it ,as I knew he would, but you are a different story altogether. I made this thread for a certain intent. Yours and Chucks posts were not in line with my intent. Chuck cleared up his position and you took offence when non was intended. Learn to know your friends from there past actions toward you, or have you forgotten already?

I had thought about this thread, but looks like I was beat to it :lol: , my 2012 model goals are

1- to join moonlight modelers club like I have been saying I will

2- get better at my overall finish of models better( cleaner)

3- to build more of the kits that I really want to build instead of being cheap and not buying them( talking about the Japanese kits)

4- to build a 100 kits next year :lol: , I have 9 left in stash from this year, so that leaves me with 91kits to get

Thats all I can think of at the moment

In random order..

finish my 85 svo mustang kit

finish my deathscalade

practice enough to where I can actually paint a body decent enough to not be ashamed of.

get my model desk built that I've been designing the last couple of weeks

stockpile tools and supplies that I need and finish at least 5 models total..

My only goal is to make the next one better than the last one. Each one teaches me something, whether its a new technique or honing a skill. I'm not always successful but that's what I shoot for. To set an arbitrary number of completions seems to me to be self-defeating. I rushed to finish when I was a kid, now it's more about the journey. (Kumbayah) :lol: