Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your copyright stamps from your model's chassis/frame/interior

You know, it's funny, we both own the real thing and I'm not sure if your correct or not!

Mark's correct. The orange plastic is from a Hot Rod-series double kit, but it is Revell's (now 21 year old) '69 Camaro chassis.

And the answers:

#1: Revell (Monogram) pre-painted 1/32 '68 GTO

#2: Monogram 1/32 Chevy Van

#3: Monogram 1/24 Dodge Daytona Street Machine

#4: Revell 1/25 '69 Camaro

#5: Revell (Monogram) 1/32 '70 Ford Mach1 Mustang

#6: Revell (Monogam) 1/32 '33 Ford Street Rod (formerly known as the ZZ Top Eliminator)

Copyright notices only exist on my kits in the 'raw styrene' phase.

HUDSON014-vi.jpgHUDSON015-vi.jpg

The have to be there, but fortunately, most manufacturers either put them in an area that will be hidden on the finished model, or in an area where they will be easily dealt with via file and sandpaper.

Some builders here go cuckoo over leaving copyright stamps on the model. I disagree. I think it's fine to leave that on as identification of the kit, and I further believe that builders should add their name and date of build to that. We're talking about artistic craftsmanship here.

I leave them on all of my models, cause if they're gone, then who made the kit orginaly?

Mark's correct. The orange plastic is from a Hot Rod-series double kit, but it is Revell's (now 21 year old) '69 Camaro chassis.

That half round spare tire recess thru me off! The real 69 trunk pan is not shaped like that. Here's how the real thing looks.

B7CYHVwWkKGrHqQOKigEyWsHy9nzBMzFv1B-1_12.jpg

Copyright notices only exist on my kits in the 'raw styrene' phase.

HUDSON014-vi.jpgHUDSON015-vi.jpg

The have to be there, but fortunately, most manufacturers either put them in an area that will be hidden on the finished model, or in an area where they will be easily dealt with via file and sandpaper.

Ooooh, ooh, MOEBIUS HUDSON HORNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):lol: