Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I think I found a vehicle to start out with, from my teen days, its a glue bomb and missing parts, so why turn it into a zombie killing machine :D , and while at hobby lobby today with the little one, we found a nice gun set that I could use for it.

fe1.jpg

I have a few idea's one is maybe lifting it a little bit, and putting bigger tires and wheel, will have to get some first, not sure what else, this is my first time any help would be great :rolleyes:

Rylan, I really like where you are with that truck. Given any thought to mounting that gun behind the cab, or over it, mounted in the bed? It looks seriously too heavy for the truck top.

true I was thinking of putting it on the flat bed it's a big gun. One of my ideas was to put the gun in the bed and use the roof with parts like video camra. Small radar or something related to that. It's all in mockup. Thanks for the input. ALOHA

Wow, the amazing builds just keep coming. Honestly, you guys are on an amazing roll. I don't know how the rest of the folks over in the general forum can stay out without really going crazy wanting to do one of these builds.

The FUN FACTOR is off the scale!

Ahhhh ! It's possible , just trying to get some things wrapped up as I go along . I just sat there and laughed at myself as I was looking through the thread . Believe me , the wheels were certainly turning !

I have a year , correct ? I'll have to start plowing through the stash to see what is all there . I'll probably get lost or trapped somewhere along the line . I have some other projects to finish up first , as we both know ! Lol !

Count me in , I'll give it a go ! Shiny Jim will have a stroke when he realizes I went over to The Rust Side ! Lmao !

Doc, Count me in! Have a Dodge Magnum Wagon and a 4wd chassis sitting around. Set of super swampers to mount on it. Mocked it up this afternoon. Don`t need any guns , sits so high I don`t think a dead Head zombie could climb up in it........well on second thought there is a pair of 50 cals. laying around and a multi-barrel zip gun I started a few years back. Still could use a tank turrent for the top.

Ron nothing beats a multi barrelled mini gun. B)

Here's where I'm at as far as the bed of the truck. I felt the gas cap and the tank needed some protection.

DSCF3496.jpg

Some armor for the gun crew as well.

DSCF3497.jpg

DSCF3498.jpg

The crew will ride in the cab until the weapon is needed. Weight distribution prevents serious armor on the bed. The gun balances the extra weight of the cab armor.

Or am I over thinking this way too much............................ :huh:

G

Or am I over thinking this way too much............................ :huh:

G

Probably. Considering that in the suggested rules it says that none of it has to make sense or survive a physics test. That being said, I love your attention to details like that. It really brings out your work.

dr. C the diorama is look'n really good....lone wolf....i been working on shiny jim to do one of these but no luck yet...we riding 2gether to jaxcon so have about 4 hrs to try to break him down...lol.... B)...rylan luv where u going with that truck...but that gun is over the top where u pick that sucker up???...

Ahhhh ! It's possible , just trying to get some things wrapped up as I go along . I just sat there and laughed at myself as I was looking through the thread . Believe me , the wheels were certainly turning !

I have a year , correct ? I'll have to start plowing through the stash to see what is all there . I'll probably get lost or trapped somewhere along the line . I have some other projects to finish up first , as we both know ! Lol !

Count me in , I'll give it a go ! Shiny Jim will have a stroke when he realizes I went over to The Rust Side ! Lmao !

LOL, it will be our secret on this thread, Donn. Nobody else will know. LOL! :lol:

Doc, Count me in! Have a Dodge Magnum Wagon and a 4wd chassis sitting around. Set of super swampers to mount on it. Mocked it up this afternoon. Don`t need any guns , sits so high I don`t think a dead Head zombie could climb up in it........well on second thought there is a pair of 50 cals. laying around and a multi-barrel zip gun I started a few years back. Still could use a tank turrent for the top.

Welcome to the TZH SQUAD, Pops, you are going to have some fun. Bring it on!

dr. C the diorama is look'n really good....lone wolf....i been working on shiny jim to do one of these but no luck yet...we riding 2gether to jaxcon so have about 4 hrs to try to break him down...lol.... B)...rylan luv where u going with that truck...but that gun is over the top where u pick that sucker up???...

LOL, Neal, you gotta work on him, break him down! :lol:

O.K. Virgil, I have so many ongoing projects that need attention but this build has become so addictive that I came home from work and pushed evrything aside to get more done on the Land Cruiser. I decided to add more pieces from the tank shell along with switching over to some heavier meats. I have a trip to Toys R Us tommorrow to possibly find some more armament. I'm not sure how much of the Land Cruiser will still be recognizable when I'm done.

DSC08982-vi.jpg

DSC08983-vi.jpg

DSC08984-vi.jpg

I got that gun from a helo action figure. The xbox game helo got it from kmart. Glad you like it

That's looking pretty cool so far Wayne!!!!!! Another small update, I took a Preiser figure, repositioned his left arm and gave him a hammer...close quarters fighting!!! Gotta have some good guys huh?!!

IMG_9635.jpg

I'm gonna do a few " good guy's " to battle the dead!!! Of course he'll be repainted & carry some equipment

Edited by Sixx

I was gonna start with a scratch built urban dune buggy thingy, but I think I will redo my Hummer,and I also have a Hasagawa? 1/24th willys Jeep & trailer ( military ) that I might do. here is the Hummer as it is now, have'nt done anything to it yet

ahum.jpg

Thats the only pic I have of it right now

Ok I was originally gonna do a Pete tractor.. but tonight I was eyeballin some Mad Max and decided I am gonna do up a car similar to the Interceptor. I'm not too worried about Zombies.... I'm worried about you guys and your thirst for fuel!! Hehehe. I don't have an aussie Falcon so I am starting with a 73 Mustang and an idea. We'll see where it goes from there.

hey guys, everyone has some great builds. lots of great details.

doc, add me to the list. im digging this a lot and it looks like fun.

im gonna do a toyota hilux. it's a curbside kit, but i have a crewdawg 22R engine that i can use for it.

it's late or early depending on how you see it. so ill take some pics of the kit later today.