Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I went back and re-read the guidelines that Doc set down in post one. He had mentioned that it was 'sposed to be a new or recently started build but also said the rules could be bent a tad.

I am still doing the Pete 359 and a stripped down Huey on a low boy trailer.......here's where I'd like to bend the rules a little.

I'd like to also include my previously built '57 Caddy in tow.

Virgil set the theme but my build is going to have a story behind it as well........in short my build isn't taking on the boiler plate, bailing wire and rust approach.

Out of the survivors there were a few that were car nut hot rodders, some mercenaries and so on. Well, these guys knowing that the only way to survive zombies and mutants was to band together improvise.

Here are some more pics of the zibblefritzer.

The plow is made from .005" copper foil. All of the struts are heavy copper wire. It is soldered together with resin cored solder. Inspiriation was the U.K. Robot Wars house robot "Shunt".

The bug itself is some drag race/2 in 1 VW kit that came in a brown box. I forget the manufacturer, but it wasn't one of the American ones. The engine/power train and lower floor pan were taken from some glue bomb Tamia F1 car I picked up second hand. Rear wheels are obviously Revell truck front wheels. Probably off my Peterbuilt that got squished when my shelves collapsed.

Edit: It was the IMC Union #MC05-1500 VW Gasser - Thanks Tony. Unfortunately the sprue for the drag car version interior etc. was missing from the box, and as I bought it from a dealer at a car show, I was stuffed.

P1000487-vi.jpg

P1000489-vi.jpg

P1000490-vi.jpg

P1000483-vi.jpg

P1000486-vi.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

MAN!!,,Thers is soooo much going on,,it's hard to comment on all these creative killing machines,,but just want to say to all,,keep up the great work,,i'm digging them ALL!!,,

Hope to get some progress shots of " VEGADETH " up soon,,,,got a couple of other projects to finish first.

Hey doc was thinking bout doing one so today went to my lhs to look what they had must say this is a big build cause he knew what i was talking bout because he had guys comming in and buying stuff for this build i LIVE IN CLEVELAND OHIO WOW!!! Keeep it up Doc!!!!

The bug itself is some drag race/2 in 1 VW kit that came in a brown box. I forget the manufacturer, but it wasn't one of the American ones.

Ken-The Bug is originally the IMC kit repopped by Union. I have the same kit in a brown box! (Cool kit!)

I got my package from Trevor's Toy Box today...the 3 sets of off-road wheels/tires I ordered (not bad, 1 week exactly from the US to my door!).