Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

WOW!! A lot of Cool builds going on.

Not a lot of progress since I've been working alot and thinking of where I'm going

So here is where mine sits..

Got a trailer for hauling good and recon bike.

Gotta carry spare tires if I find them and be able to scout out new territorys.

ZombieTrailer.jpg

ZombieChargerandTrailer.jpg

Man, you guys are making some AWESOME builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still working on the ZOMBIES, gotta work a few kinks out. I've also been working on my car...a WW2 jeep with trailer & 30 cal. in back. I gotta get some pics of it soon tho. My build depicts a right-now type of vehicle. No futuristic weapons n stuff, kind of like on The Walking Dead series, just gathering supplies & trying to survive type of deal ;)

Here's The Rig as it sits now. I'm completely over my head but I keep going deeper, and I'll keep going until it's done or blows up in my face.

Unfortunately I tossed a similar build before I got anywhere near finishing it. I had quad tires on each of the four rear wheels, and triples on the front. Other than that, it was a similar cab, covering a similar engine.

The following build I did complete. Stuffing oversized engines in cars is a challenge, but keep at it, you will get there.

P1000530-vi.jpg

What do you guys use for weapons because I bought a bunch of 1/35 scale infantry weapons without thinking, and when I got them I realized they're just to small.

Lego Minifig weapons and 1/18th scale action figure weapons can be used to some extent. Being toys, their scale is somewhat variable.

Sometimes you can find them in 1/25 too, in car kits. I saw an aftermarket set a couple days back, but don't recall where.

http://minifigworld.com/

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

STOP THE PRESSES!

Folks, I'm writing this in big letter so you will pay attention for a moment.

Will everyone take a moment and please take ONE PICTURE (the best picture you can muster) of your build where it is right now and POST it here.

With your permission I would like to make a photo slide video for the Lab-RAT-ory channel of all the your WIPS as they are right now.

THANK YOU! You can post your single picture and then continue on with the build.

I am re-posting this for the folks who haven't seen it and who will reply over this weekend. Those of you who've posted your WIPs as they are right now, I already have those pictures in my Fotki archives and early this week I will make a Lab-RAT-ory/YOUTUBE video of everyone's progress, so stay tuned in.

Hollywood Jim, you are a gentleman and a PRINCE among STYRENE ADDICTS! Thank you!

Rob, so far all i recognized is the aftermarket grille/headlight combo from the 53 ford pick'm'up...are you sure you followed the directions?

i had a few minutes to build this morning so i started the trunk

ill post pics later but i dont think it looks too bad for a first try...maybe a bit oversimplified but decent enough

What did you guys think of my Red Hawk progress on page 57?

Rob, the model of the Mother Ship that was used in the filming of "Close Encounters" is in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Your work reminds me of that. All manner of bits and pieces (including a tiny R2D2, and Bugs Bunny) stuck together to make an incredible whole. Great work, Dude.

A19790906000d71.jpg

Edited by basher