Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

hope to see my builds in next video and doc im gonna be makin prob close to ten r so models so ill sen u ones i want u to keep in ur collection

hope to see my builds in next video and doc im gonna be makin prob close to ten r so models so ill sen u ones i want u to keep in ur collection

here is the car done sorry it took to long but here it is i am added more tho right now

http://s1056.photobu...8833973_n-1.jpg

Holy smokes, buddy, you did a great job. I copied some of the pictures to my files. Will use them in the next update video.

Great work, and I get the feeling you'll probably build a couple more.

doc, im embarrased to see my build in thw line up, it looks like i just put the body on wheels and thats it

hopefully my next update will be more exciting

its in its second coat of primer right now and ill let the cat out of the bag...it wil be yellow

thats right YELLOW

keep in mind galloper is not a purpose build TZH vehicle, it is more the first set of wheels my guys could get thier hands on when the outbreak first spread and has been slowely modifed since...so no camo on mine

(on a side note, holloween is spelled halloween)

Here's my build so far. It's Hasegawa's 1/24th scale Willy's Jeep with a trailer. I stole a 55 gallon drum...for extra fuel, also scratched a container for water, will have a hose for it. Same for the fuel drum. I switched tires...don't remember who's they are. They are made from really nice rubbery material, sets it up a little higher.

IMG_96372.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg

IMG_9642.jpg

this is my update on Peeping Tom

i went and got the two part rusting system.

I also did a little bit more dremel work and cut out the back seat of the car, and will be making a custom setup for the scope user to sit down comfortably.

i did the first coat of the flat black as a primer base, and will do a couple more coats.

the exaust manifolds are on upside down and reversed so the exhaust will be going some strange route or another.

i did gum up the panels some with just some super glue before the black primer, so that way i have some rusty areas to work with.

i wlil be doing paint next then once it cures i'll follow up with the rust treatment, and see where it goes from there.

i also got some black oil paint to thin down for an oil wash, mostly for the engine and other areas that would normally be oily.

DSC03497.jpg

DSC03496.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

DSC03498.jpg

DSC03494.jpg

the engine is still in the baby stages. i might try to wire it up and get rid of any chrome bits, then gunk it up a little. i'm still sorting some ideas for the exhaust pipes though, but it will be interesting!