Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Dale that is looking good, you must of had to take out a small loan for all that styrene, and all those kits. Keep up the good work man.

Jerred I have almost ever # that evergreen has! I got tired of starting something and not haveing what I needed so I just started stocking up on the stuff!!! PK

ATTENTION::::

all squad members....there is a tutorial on how to post pic here from photobucket (free web site)...in the Tips...Tricks...and Tutorial section of this forum...its pinned on the 1st page so when u get there u wont have to search for it...its so easy even a Zombie can do it... B)

I was trying to avoid the "Monster truck" wheels for this build, but I don't think the low rider look would work in a beat up, PA world. I am thinking the Chuck Wagon would be in the middle of the caravan, protected by the bigger vehicles, because let's face it, you need to eat.

So I am going light artilary on this one, but heavy armor. I am also going to lift it just because it will fit beter into the grand scheme of the caravan.

Anyone know where I can get some camping/pots and pans??? I am not the best sculpter, so any help would be great, even if I have to make my own off a casting or something.

Also, animals that will fit in this scale?? Pigs mostly??

couple more of my army of zommie/terminators :) the dogs are part of the team :rolleyes: the first one is a home based machine if they get to close to the base!! the second one is the one that goes behind the first wave and restocked the fighters with guns ,etc. and also pick up "parts,metal or what ever is laying around that might be usefull to keep the army going :Dpost-9355-0-65959100-1329156093_thumb.jppost-9355-0-44824900-1329156096_thumb.jppost-9355-0-97694100-1329156099_thumb.jppost-9355-0-61594500-1329156102_thumb.jppost-9355-0-99098800-1329156105_thumb.jp ....i tell ya we need to invested in those HotWheels monster trucks,as many of us are using those tires ;) ;)

Thanks Neal!

I am still torn on interior color and theme. The gray you saw will be rust once it's out of the bag.

I have done some more stuff with interior. I made the cb radio knobs in the dash, and I ran a thick hose into the passenger side of the dash which will route to the antennas directly under the roof. Basically it will be like a wiring harness for the antennas. I am trying to think of other ideas for this that I can put in the interior so it isn't just blank and boring. So I am open to ideas. Maybe I can make one of the boxed areas to be something like a tool box or something, or maybe even a water thing for the people to have fresh water to drink.. Running out of ideas.

As long as it ties to the theme it's fair game, so pleaseeeee give me some input!

I do have some ideas for the exhaust, and from what I am thinking it may actually be cool.

Wheels are going to be my other challenge, in terms of color. I don't want chrome and don't want rust. Flat black? I dunno. Help?

mark i did a lot of detailing of the interior but when u put the mesh or what ever over the windows for protection u cant see much...that one reason i posted the interior pic here be4 the cheve-hell....also i took it to my IPMS club meeting and bought a flash light so u could see some of whats going on behind the mesh...as for the color i painted it red primer then

misted some flat bkl over it....interior2.jpg

couple more of my army of zommie/terminators :) the dogs are part of the team :rolleyes: the first one is a home based machine if they get to close to the base!! the second one is the one that goes behind the first wave and restocked the fighters with guns ,etc. and also pick up "parts,metal or what ever is laying around that might be usefull to keep the army going :Dpost-9355-0-65959100-1329156093_thumb.jppost-9355-0-44824900-1329156096_thumb.jppost-9355-0-97694100-1329156099_thumb.jppost-9355-0-61594500-1329156102_thumb.jppost-9355-0-99098800-1329156105_thumb.jp ....i tell ya we need to invested in those HotWheels monster trucks,as many of us are using those tires ;) ;)

I tell ya, the Hot Wheels Monster Truck wheels fit the TZH Apocolyptic feel way too well

mark i did a lot of detailing of the interior but when u put the mesh or what ever over the windows for protection u cant see much...that one reason i posted the interior pic here be4 the cheve-hell....also i took it to my IPMS club meeting and bought a flash light so u could see some of whats going on behind the mesh...as for the color i painted it red primer then

misted some flat bkl over it....interior2.jpg

Valid points. I opened up the hatch on it for this very reason of the mesh.

Gonna have to check the metallizer paint.

Edited by wgflatliner

You know what they say, two TZH vehicles are better than one, and 3 brings you up to the ranks of GENERAL! If you don't believe me, ask EYEGORE. :D;)

There will be some of us with a higher rank than general, in that case! I've seem some builders here with 5+ vehicles.

On the other hand, I'm at negative one. I built one for the enemy, after all! (Working on correcting that imbalance).

Well let me try this again from last night. Here is Nothing Matters. The basis for this is basically a father/husband had to kill and burried his wife of 12 years and his 3 kids. He is on the hunt for zombies. It doesnt matter how many or how few. If he dies while fight so be it. He will be with his family once again. If not then he will kill as many as he can while he is still kicking.

Img_0004.jpg

Img_0003.jpg

Img_0002.jpg

BTW outlaw thanks for the tip on posting pics.

I aoplogize for the crappy ipod pics will get better pics when time permits. Iknow Cranky is making a video of the progress.

Edited by Special K

i removed the center console to expose the driveshaft and part of the transmission, then i got to thinking it needed a shifter for it to be "driveable" so i got a little alien head painted enamel rust with some lime green eyes.

DSC03552.jpg

i will need to finish up the rear suspension tomorrow, then attach the frame to the body. after some test fitting it appears to be snagging on something, but i'll figure out what it is and take care of it.

the end result of the shifter is the shift lever goes under the hold where the center console but the alien head goes through it while still being able to see the other stuff under the car.