Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

In the past few pages, I saw some awesome technicals in 1:1 ref photos, and with the recent generosity bestowed upon me by a good friend :D.....

I have a kit worthy of MY kind of technical. Over the top, and all around awesome, work has already begun on it. This particular build is actually my favorite so far!

I can't spare enough time to post some in progress pics YET, but sometime in the day (after I wake up and whatnot) I will be lavishing your eyecandy appetites with something I think you will all enjoy (especially our good doctor!).

Keep 'em peeled, boys. I'm just getting started!

IMG_20120228_172144-vi.jpg

IMG_20120228_172138-vi.jpg

Now, it may seem a little messy right now, but I'm going to be adding sand/rocks/weeds later, and salting the corrugate siding. trying to come up with a good paint color for the converted fuel depot. I'm also working on some old fuel drums to toss in the back too.

This set of pics is of the Technical I'm working on. No name yet, and it's still early in the process, but here goes!

IMG_20120229_124538-vi.jpg

IMG_20120229_124606-vi.jpg

IMG_20120229_124547-vi.jpg

more past the break...

O.K., so I finished up the major bodywork and started getting some actual paint applied. I still need to redo the turret to have it blend in with the rest of the paint. I did a kind of splatter camo paint job with multiple colors. Next opportunity will be to start adding some weathering to the overall look. I am also working on a driver for the Zombie Cruiser.

DSC09604-vi.jpg

DSC09606-vi.jpg

DSC09607-vi.jpg

DSC09610-vi.jpg

DSC09611-vi.jpg