Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

my worry would be the hundreds of Zeds who died wearing full face motorcycle helmets, now wandering the face of the earth with shatterproof skull encasements..................................... or those who were NFL players in the middle of a game........... now roaming the urban landscape with insatiable hunger for live human flesh............ wearing Official NFL gear.

shoot them to pieces.... hack them to pieces.... impale them on spears, pikes, and pylons....

you still have to destroy the brain. before you get bitten.

In a pinch, I'd rely heavier on something that shoots rather than something that bludgeons or cuts.

Unfortunately, you have to take into account the "herd". Gunfire will draw them to you! The trade off for immediate results can be daunting- but It's better to have the ability to quickly dispatch the living dead shambling their way towards your encampment, rather than having to hack your way through waves of hungry zombies.

....Your machete arm will get tired eventually, and then will become a snack.

A good bit of reading that will make things easier-

zombie_survival_guide.jpg

But let's not make this a p***ing contest, and keep it in good fun!

...even though I know I have my own personal "Z-Day" plan for when it really does go down :P

Well hello I enjoy watching these killer creations come together. (pun intended)

Sadly I can not join in the fun for no models can be bought if no money is had and lest face it ill be more wealthy when Z day does hit.

But I'm here to drop off a little inspiration for you folks!

carmageddon_x-press.png

and

carma_charger.png

sorry if images are a bit large

Rob, I currently have an AK47,it's a Saiga chambered in .223, Remington 870, Colt 1911 Officers ACP, and a S&W 681 .357 magnum. Real, REAL close to your choices. I carried the S&W for years in uniform as well as the Beretta 92. Very familiar with those and the Remington 870. One of those kept me company for most of my 32 years on the job.

Bullpup rifles such as the WA2000 are a great choice. I have no real experience with those, but spent a lot of time behind a M16A1, and a M60. Used an M14 on the USMC shooting team at Pendleton. I wish I could have kept that rifle too.

Mr Hanks, sir, those are freakkin' sweet!

G

I thought I was done with the Widow Maker, but I realized, it didn't look right, so I added chains.

post-9319-0-48812000-1332653278_thumb.jp

post-9319-0-24173000-1332653280_thumb.jp

post-9319-0-07638100-1332653281_thumb.jp

post-9319-0-73549200-1332653281_thumb.jp

post-9319-0-54083800-1332653282_thumb.jp

post-9319-0-19549200-1332653283_thumb.jp

post-9319-0-70903000-1332653283_thumb.jp

post-9319-0-04013000-1332653297_thumb.jp

As you can see I added some chains that act as an emergency hood latch, connected to the big front ram, as well as a chain that would possibly be able to move land mindes if necassary. As well as a chain holding the service door ( was the passenger side door till the cannon got installed) for the cannon shut. as well as a chain holding the damaged side of the tail gate shut. and last but not least, a chain winch, to rip useful parts off of dead hulks of cars and trucks.

Edited by TimberWolf429

Dennis, could you please post a few pictures taken in a better light. These are too fain and dark. I'd like to add them to the next IN PROGRESS VIDEO.

Thanks everyone for the on-going exchange of pictures, illustrations, and discussion. Very energizing indeed.

Also just remembered a vehicle from a rather old movie (in movie years any way)

soldier07.jpg

from the movie soldier.. could be a good post apocalyptic vehicle not very fast but heavily armored

this truck looks as if it was built off of a quarry dump truck, if there are any scale kits of one it would be easy to duplicate, but if there are no kits, you would have to scratch build the entire thing, not impossible, but difficult, and all worth while.

In a pinch, I'd rely heavier on something that shoots rather than something that bludgeons or cuts.

Unfortunately, you have to take into account the "herd". Gunfire will draw them to you! The trade off for immediate results can be daunting- but It's better to have the ability to quickly dispatch the living dead shambling their way towards your encampment, rather than having to hack your way through waves of hungry zombies.

....Your machete arm will get tired eventually, and then will become a snack.

A good bit of reading that will make things easier-

zombie_survival_guide.jpg

But let's not make this a p***ing contest, and keep it in good fun!

...even though I know I have my own personal "Z-Day" plan for when it really does go down :P

How about this fine read...IMG_3204-1.jpg

Well hello I enjoy watching these killer creations come together. (pun intended)

Sadly I can not join in the fun for no models can be bought if no money is had and lest face it ill be more wealthy when Z day does hit.

But I'm here to drop off a little inspiration for you folks!

carmageddon_x-press.png

I have too many projects going myself....but there is a 1/29 scale GP-9 loco available that would be close enough being so big!!! It would make a cool model!!

Wow, The Zen of Zombie. Love it!

Had to lighten it up a little. Got it with a zombie movie bundle pack. I think Zombie Diary. It a nutshell...it's a guide to assimilate yourself into zombiehood.

A quote from the back cover: "Reanimate yourself for success with advice on life, love, and work from the undead".

i saw a short about a guy "waking up" to find himself dead, and the hassles he faced getting to "move on"...

another one about a guy who gets bitten, and the struggle to keep himself from turning....

i read "I am Legend" the other night; granted, the dead are vampires, not zombies, but the story is engrossing.