Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I started another build. Pics tomorrow as I have been taken quite ill this evening.

I had a NASCAR kit which suffered horrendous damage I assume in packaging as the box was intact and factory wrapped. Well, a sawcut here, sanding there, new wheels and a primer coat have begun what should be a interesting road car.

Stay tuned.

G

"Jason Smith - finally registered after two weeks of lurking" How could you tell that? :o

Anyhow, Dr. Cranky said I should share these here, Although they're more finalized rebuilds, and not entirely new. I tend to build cars as they could have appeared in The Road Warrior, not overly armored, or armed, no zombie protection... Mostly dangerous looking hot rods.

First is the Wasteland 57 Chevy. Built from 3 different cars, 2 Chevy Bel-Airs and a Corvette. It offers front and rear crash protection/anti-personell bumpers.

102_1495.jpg

102_1496.jpg

102_1497.jpg

Next, I have a early 80's Toyota Soarer. Overseas, this was Toyota's competitor to Nissan's Skyline. It has a straight-6 turbocharged engine, salvaged Russian machine gun, protective armor bumper and wheel arches, handholds for the gunnere, radio equipment and storage racks.

102_1489.jpg

102_1492.jpg

102_1490.jpg

102_1491.jpg

Next I have my re-rebuild of Fujimi's Mad Police Destroyer. I got this kit when I was probably 12 or 13. The kit makes no mention of what the cars are, but I have researched it and have found this to be a Nissan Cedric 430, they were a semi-luxury car, often used as police cars or taxis. I've tried to restore this kit to resemble the boxart.

1_0119b97cda1e31a7a7fa21333e6a81e9-1.jpg

102_1478.jpg102_1475.jpg102_1471.jpg102_1472.jpg102_1479.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

The Final car in this assortment is my replica of the Mad Police Interceptor. I couldn't Find one, so I made my own. I used the Monogram-revell Street Machine Firebird adn converted it to a Trans-Am with a hardtop. Although, I'm not sure if you could get a hardtop TA, I wanted a solid roof for the lightbar.

This is what the box would have looked like:

madpolicetransam.jpg

And my replica:

102_1480.jpg

102_1481.jpg

102_1482.jpg

102_1486.jpg

102_1483.jpg

Jason, thank YOU for popping over here and sharing your wonderful (and inspirational) builds with us.

I hope you will join us with a new build. Also, if you don't mind I'd like to copy some of the pictures over to the TZH SQUAD videos.

Again, thank you.

Jason, thank YOU for popping over here and sharing your wonderful (and inspirational) builds with us. I hope you will join us with a new build. Also, if you don't mind I'd like to copy some of the pictures over to the TZH SQUAD videos. Again, thank you.
That would be fine. As far as a new build, I'd have to look around and see what qualifies. I'm mostly working with rebuilds and a bunch of glue bombs for parts at the moment. Edited by Zarana-X

The Final car in this assortment is my replica of the Mad Police Interceptor. I couldn't Find one, so I made my own. I used the Monogram-revell Street Machine Firebird adn converted it to a Trans-Am with a hardtop. Although, I'm not sure if you could get a hardtop TA, I wanted a solid roof for the lightbar.

This is what the box would have looked like:

madpolicetransam.jpg

For the record, the original Mad Police Interceptor was a T top. I even opened one of mine up.

P1000517-vi.jpg

And one of the four available models had a translation error on the box front. The "Farcon" is actually "Falcon"

the ZAV was built by a group of navy seals army rangers and airborne spec forces that meet up by chance in a small town after WWIII and the rise of the zombies...they found a 4X4 monster type truck and decided to build a vehicle that they could use to help defeat the zombie infestation...

they found an old 54 chevy sedan deliver mounted on the monster truck frame but be4 that they expanded the platform to place the deliver...then they mounted a gatling gun on each side that can fire up to 5k rounds a minute...on the roof they mounted a tank turret with 2 high powered rockets...the driver controls the gat guns with a firing button which is mounted on the steering wheel....he also communicates with the fire direction controller in the turret...there also is 2 army rangers that man the machine guns at the rear door of the vehicle...enjoy the carnage 3ZAVdrsideview.jpg

1ZAVdrsiderearview.jpg

7ZAVfrontdrsidewchain.jpg

9ZAVfrontengineviewwchain.jpg

14ZAVfrontviewwchain2.jpg

19ZAVpassideview.jpg

Next I have my re-rebuild of Fujimi's Mad Police Destroyer. I got this kit when I was probably 12 or 13. The kit makes no mention of what the cars are, but I have researched it and have found this to be a Nissan Cedric 430, they were a semi-luxury car, often used as police cars or taxis. I've tried to restore this kit to resemble the boxart.

1_0119b97cda1e31a7a7fa21333e6a81e9-1.jpg

102_1478.jpg102_1475.jpg102_1471.jpg102_1472.jpg102_1479.jpg

Kinda interesting to know that the Cedric was Japan's Crown Victoria. Sweet build, it does have the Mad Maxx feel, although, I dunno if he would have a Nissan, a Falcon on the other hand......

10132894424.jpg

There were 4 different kits in the series, but the Destroyer seems to be the most "common" one. There was the Interceptor, which was a 79-81 Trans-Am with the missiles, Venus, an 81-84 Celica-Supra with a vulcan cannon mounted on the passenger door, and Farcon (engrish misspelling of Falcon?), an early 80's Nissan 280sx/Silvia with a recoiless rifle mounted on roof infront of the sunroof.

Each kit came with a male driver and a female officer, there was the futuristic helmet which could be used on either. The kits shared some of the armor, so whichever one you got, your sprue would have extra pieces.

1_0119b97cda1e31a7a7fa21333e6a81e9.jpg

FUJIMI_Mad_Police_Interceptor_Karto.jpg

P1080151.jpg

madpolice3.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

Well I have made some more progress on my TZH Vette.

The exo-cage is about halfway done. I have made the diamond plate side windows but I still have to attach the supports that g down into the doors.

DSCI0556.jpgDSCI0557.jpgDSCI0558.jpgDSCI0559.jpgDSCI0560.jpgDSCI0561.jpgDSCI0562.jpg

I still have to make the rear section that fills in where the rear glass is. I also still have to make the rear tombstone and the spike disc that will cover the wheels.