Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

hi all u zombie hunters...been busy working on a club build but did manage to finish my recon vehicle for the 7th NY zombie hunters unit which patrols the lower hudson valley from west point to kingston...here is my scout vehicle...built with a jet fuselage...powered by a 327 fuelie engine...

the7thNYscoutvehicle4.jpg

the7thNYscoutvehicle9.jpg

the7thNYscoutvehicle3.jpg

the7thNYscoutvehicle10.jpg

the7thNYscoutvehicle7.jpg

the7thNYscoutvehicle5.jpg

the7thNYscoutvehicle8.jpg

Edited by outlaw035

Hey guys and gals, long time no posts. As much as I hate to say it I may not get to complete my 18 wheeler Zombie Killer anytime soon. My wife just had our 3rd son and has been having a hard time recovering with some complications. We have been through alot lately including some rough hospital stays. My time is at a minimum right now and I have to put models on the back burner for a bit. Things are smoothing out for us but its gonna take a bit to get back to normal so hopefully I can complete it before the end of the year. My poor 8 year old son has been patiently waiting for me to resume the build since he was a big help with it. Everyones projects look killer and I love seeing the progress when I get a chance to peek in here. Keep up the good work and I will see you all soon hopefully with some progress.

Alright Doc, I am back on track (got a job) but don't think I'll make the Sept. deadline, although I'll give it a hell of a shot. Got a paystar 5000 kit for .50 at a garbage sale and I am going to use it for parts that are missing on my Dad's paystar and then use the chassis and radiator for my truck since it is a perfect fit. I'll order the tires and wheels on the 15th and then figure out the weapons systems. Get pics as soon as I get it going in the next couple days. Everyones wehicles is lookin good. Keep it up. Don't forget to look at my previous posts for inspiration. Happy trials to ya'll in the post appoc world.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Hi Doc,

Here is my submission to hold back those zombies.

I started with the Revell Pontiac Firebird and Opened the doors. Replaced all the glass with mesh. Cut out the rear of the vehicle and made a ute/truck bed.

Lots of scratch built stuff which I will state as I post the pics.

This is a pic of the body ready for primer. The extra parts include guns from a gundam kit, plastic gears, washers, solder, and wound wires.

3501de2f.jpg

These pics shows the body in primer.

ecc82f23.jpg

6a8ea3b1.jpg

Continuing on I base coated

70dcc948.jpg

Then came the Camo

173ef952.jpg

Then onto the interior,

This pic show the interior tub, with the rear command centre all scratch built with styrene, wire, solder. And a chrome hose going from the front to the rear.

ccd86496.jpg

Then onto the dash, I scratch built the walkie talkie and gauges.

b8955a92.jpg

And the seats were weathered and torn.

e3dd489c.jpg

Edited by XRLENT

Haven't made much progress on my models but I did make an addition to my 1:1 Dakota that fits in with the theme.

Thought the stripes on the rear needed something. People kept asking me if I was going to put "R/T" in them since they are R/T stripes but since I haven't put a V8 in it yet or changed suspension for better handling I voted against that.

100_0099.jpg

120810_0000.jpg

Here's a close up what I went with.

120810_0001.jpg

I love this! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, Chris, this is another outstanding build. Thank you. I copied all the pictures for the next UPDATE video. Keep up the great work.

Stay tuned in for more wonderful builds, folks. We are almost over the mountain top and into the valley. Cheers, Gen. EYEGORE.

Thanks, Doc and Neal. The ZOMBIEBIRD.....that's an awesome name...lol..... It shall now be called that.

It's my first time opening doors and rusting / weathering.. Didn't turn out exactly as I envisioned. The camo got lost in the weathering and i didn't bother fabricating inside the door sills but all in all, im happy with it.

OK finally an update. Recently I aquired a Paystar 5000 kit for .50 at a garbage sale. It has the right length chassis so I am going to use half the kit to rebuild my Dad's 5000 and then use the chassis minus the suspension on my B87 Gun Truck. Here is what I got so far. Had to make some extensions to get it to sit right.

I am going to use part of the OEM springs for overloads:

0811121227.jpg

This shows the space I need to fill between the articulating part and the suspension:

0811121225.jpg

Mock up again:

B87.png

So now I just need to get my wheels and tires 14x24 rear 8 spoke mack rears:

rm13reardualmack8spoke.jpg

Front Wheels 11x24 Mack 6 spoke:

wt44wt45.jpg

This is what I am after:

HeightofcabonB87.jpg

Hey Doc.

Scott here, from SMA. Watched your entire HTH and Sniper vids today. Great stuff and inspired me to try a Zombie Hunter. I won't finish by September (I seem to have read a deadline of Sept. in an above post) but plan to have a blast trying my hand at a TZH.

Also, didn't see a 'hello' board, but thought I'd say 'hello'. I'm Scott - I live on the beautiful east coast of Canada and I'm addicted to scale models.

Hey Doc.

Scott here, from SMA. Watched your entire HTH and Sniper vids today. Great stuff and inspired me to try a Zombie Hunter. I won't finish by September (I seem to have read a deadline of Sept. in an above post) but plan to have a blast trying my hand at a TZH.

Also, didn't see a 'hello' board, but thought I'd say 'hello'. I'm Scott - I live on the beautiful east coast of Canada and I'm addicted to scale models. Spent some time today, and more ahead, browsing the incredible talent on this forum. I have sooo much to learn.