Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

wow looks like we have some great builds in store.

about the diorama i kinda got one going.

started this on the 27 of December Last year and I'm up to this point, still got to do a lot of weathering.

DSCN2320.jpg

with some photo editing it looks Apocalypsey

DSCN2316-2.jpg

thanks

I am disappointed with this camera.

I have it set to the highest possible resolution, 3240x1920 (8 megapixels), have the quality set to super fine, I've tweaked the white balance to the best of my ability for maximum color range...

only to find out that no matter how high I put the resolution on this camera, the HD setting is for video only.

I'm just gonna wait for my wife to get her ACTUAL HD720p camera out of pawn. THAT camera takes good, clear, crisp closeup pics.

This Vivitar POS can bite me. Trust me, I want you guys to be able to make out just about every little nuance on my builds...

So I will wait for the Samsung.

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Rob, don't stress about it. I'm sure we'll get to see your models in better light soon. Not a problem, chap.

Rodney, this SUV has all the right looks, keep it going. Remember also that well placed weld seams can go a long ways to signify great added parts, etc . . . looks like you are having a blast.

Wayne, all those metalizer colors are excellent, and yes, they do add up quickly . . . can't wait to see what you are cooking!

I hemmed and hawed at the LHS yesterday for about 30 minutes on what direction I wanted to take.

I was torn because if this is supposed to be a 2012 apocalypse, then why would someone be tooling around in a 64 Galaxie, ya know? I picked up a 2011 Chevy Camaro kit and was set on using that. However, my eye kept falling back on the same box over and over, and in the end I said, "screw it", this thing is too badass to not use it.

I give you.....

truck.png

I am calling it the "Hell Truck" at that's about as far as I have gotten. I think the name on the side already screams Zombie Hunter, so we'll see about keeping that decal somewhat intact.

Now it's onto learning how to build a model car.......lol. No better place to learn than here though! I already started rooting around my diorama/robots box for accessories and I am dreaming up some nice modifications on it. Hope I can actually pull it all off with my limited modeling abilities.

:unsure:

Ive decided to use my round 2 General lee tin boxed kit for my build post-3829-0-74410500-1326309361_thumb.jp But before I get blasted with OMGAGLB, I picked this one for a few reasons. The first is its really a poor kit and I wont feel bad it it turns out a mess. and second, I thought it would make for a cool back story. I want to try and weather but keep the decals on the car. If I can get that done, then the rest should fall together. ha ha, I know. I dont have a bunch of guns for her, but I figure once its armored up I can fill in some spaces if needed with somethnig. I'm pretty excited, this will be my first weathering/damaged build as others have posted.

Edited by moparmagiclives

I was torn because if this is supposed to be a 2012 apocalypse, then why would someone be tooling around in a 64 Galaxie, ya know?

That's something I've never really 'gotten' about Apocalyptic vehicle models myself... it is almost always a '57 Chevy, or an old muscle car, or something like that. To my way of thinking, 'classic' cars like that would retain their value in a post apocalyptic world- maybe even taking the place of currency in some situations. Then again, the sheer 'cool factor' and relative lack of anything late model in kit form could be factors too, I guess.

That '41 is a very nice kit, and since 'militarized' versions of that vehicle were used in WWII, you might have a few styling cues you could incorporate into the build.

The only modern vehicle I was considering was a Fire truck or some type of government vehicle

The Camaro just didn't have enough "real estate" in it to be able to make a viable PA vehicle.

Older vehicles to me make more sense as if there was some type of catastrophe, cars on the street would be the first to be damaged, leaving people to discover cars in storage units/barns, etc. Also, older vehicles are made of thicker metal than today's cars, making them ideal to use when fighting Zombies/invaders/whatever.

Hello Guys,

first of all.......WOW !

It is great to see so many people building post apocalyptic models. and so many excellent models at that !

and i'm sure I recognise one or two models from the scale auto forums.

A couple of freinds off other Forums have sugguested I say hello to you guys as you may be interested in the models that I mostly build.

I have been building 1/24-1/25 scale Post Apocalyptic model cars now for the past 4 years. I built them for a photoshoot and story I am doing called "Dangerous Highways".

I have 13 models finished 5 in various build stages and some more designs to finalise.

here are some of my models for you guys.

this one is a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner

70ROADRUNNER1.jpg

70ROADRUNNER3.jpg

1969 Ford Torino Talladega

69FORDTORINO-1.jpg

69FORDTORINO-2.jpg

scrap and bits box Buggy

JUNKYARDBUGGY-1.jpg

JUNKYARDBUGGY-4.jpg