Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Finally got out to my storage and got the trailer. Im gonna be working on the whole rig this week and hope to make some progress. Also have thought up a few more bits to add to it, maybe they will get added this week too.

003-2.jpg

Well, the rules state you must use a new kit, and as much as I like to break rules, I need to get crackin' on my stash of new kits. So, count me in with...

102_1505.jpg

I've had it for at about 2 1/2 years now...

Last Interceptor

This link has a list of everything max carries in the interceptor, and the pictures will help accurise the interior if you want to.

I know I promised some pics THIS WEEKEND but things went kind of against me weather wise. Rain all weekend, and sunny during the working days >.<

Anywho... here some +HEPHAESTUS primer pics.

2012042210_25_51-vi.jpg

2012042210_25_41-vi.jpg

2012042210_26_01-vi.jpg

2012042210_26_37-vi.jpg

2012042210_26_13-vi.jpg

I've since applied the paint job but haven't taken pics yet. Keep a look out for the next set!

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Nice work, Rob and Ken. I want to get that wrecker, but the cost is scaring me away. I had the original Captain Hook when I was kid. Ironically, it was also part of my foray in post-apocalypse modeling. I had built a huge cow-catcher type ram on the front and used it to ram other models. eventually the wheels & axles snapped too many times to repair.

Well here is some intintial build pics of the chassis and all the dechroming I did on the other parts using awesome.

0424120951.jpg

0424120950.jpg

I still need to get the cabs so I know if I need to extend this one yet. Anyone got the dimensions of the 12v71 engine so I can hack the 16v71 up to build it? If someone would have one from a Tyrone Malone Truck and would be able to give me dimensions that would be even better. The Chassis is a DM800 Mack so I am just going to utilize it instead of using 10 ton military axles and I think I finaaly tracked down a set of tires. Just need to build some kustom wheels now.

Thanks Doc!

I'll be doing little bits here and there until it's done, still need to weather some parts, fix up some 'pop-offs' that happened during the photo shooting, and make the graphics pop just a little better...

Then maybe order the welder chick once she's in 1/25th scale, and modify her to be the "Aphrodite" to +HEPHAESTUS :P

I'm thinking this one's gonna be deserving of a diorama base. But we'll have to see, time allowing of course.

nice rendition of Sasha! I like the inkwork on her belly... That'll be a tricky decal to place!

Thanks Chris! I could have done the edit better given more time, but I just cranked it out in 15 minutes to give myself and you guys a general idea of what I'm gonna try and go for!

On the same note, I'm going to find pictures of the figures I will be using as drivers for a select few vehicles (I'm only going to give a few of them the full treatment of a diorama base, permanently and underneath a glass dust cover) that I deem worthy of the effort, and edit them to look like the charactes behind them. Look for some more edits in the future!

At the moment, I've only decided on a few from this CBP and all but one of my technicals from my other CBP.

Speaking of, I need to find some "good ol' boys" for my confederate technical... :huh:

P.S. I may be raffling the OTHER builds of mine off to a lucky participant of this CBP to clear space on my display rack... but I haven't decided just yet. I know of at least ONE person on here that may end up with 'em :P