Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Wow, we've reached the "days between posts" stage of the build. All the same, this build certainly kept up its momentum for a long time.

im in the "weeks in between" post stage on the account of us moving and all the model stuff being packed up in boxes

the good news, i will have a model area (AKA man cave) that will be easily 3 times the size of all the areas i have now combined

the bad news is, right now its nothing but bare concrete so i have my work cut out for me

With things looking a little slow, here's an update on my Mouse Rod with a request for some thoughts from you real Zombie fanatics .....

I made a bomber seat after a few tries at a rounder shape, This satisfies me and it does swivel so the Browning can be manned from the seat. The water cooling barrel wouldn't stick so it's in from on ground. The mount for the Browning is about done.. swivels horizontal and vertical thou balance will be a problem for posing.

The engine is getting assembled as I speak and I'm liking how it will look. The extra ait intake is overdone but I just like the look. Guess a higher capacity fan just wasn't in the junk pile. The turbo intake on the ground will connect into the front of the fan housing.

The TOP is one of my problems. I have a crude windshield on that would be filled with screening. I keep thinking the side should be protected also with screening but the asymmetrical body is resisting anything easy. Will it be unreasonable to just leave it a roadster? This is supposed to be a fast scout car and not for combat. Ant suggestions would be much appreciated!

Along with the top, some sort of side and front protection seems appropriate. Thinking of some side and front bars similar to those on dirt modifieds. Maybe some sharp edges too. Here's another place some ideas would help. :)

Paint is still up in the air but the red oxide in these photos is final. I'm thinking of just some dark rust paint over all the body and interior and then lighter rust and various weathering all over.

Pasteup_DSC1205.jpg

pasteup_DSC1208.jpg

pasteup_DSC1209.jpg

pasteup_DSC1210.jpg

Still need to finish the weathering on my build, but in the mean time I found this at Walmart the other day. It's the premier issue. Seems the Zombie Apocalypse following is growing at a faster rate now. The magazine is a bit pricey at $8.99, but is entertaining none the less. There's even zombie targets in there too.IMG_3269.jpg

I took a break from the vehicle aspect of TZH-

I'm gonna be throwing together another diorama based in the post apocalypse. So far, I've got one major piece built and primed, a detail piece, and a working title. The working title is 'Outpost 07309'.

I will be taking some pictures of what I've got so far after I get some lunch in me...

TJ, That's a fine looking 12v71! ;) And... I have now aquired a 16v71 for the Aerodyne weapons carrier. I know I said that I was using parts on hand, but in the Post Apoc world, what's to say that these trucks aren't being built in neigboring garages? TJ, what kind of truck cab are you looking for?

TJ, what kind of truck cab are you looking for?

Need a B81 Mack V8 Regular cab for the hood and grille and a B model cab with an integrated sleeper. Don't think anyone has the hood and grille separate or the B81 with integrated sleeper??

Integrated sleeper:

ck20mackb7375intslp.jpg

B815 V8:

ck12mackb81.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Here is a new one I sketched:

It is an MRAP 6x6 Gun Truck armed with a Ma Duece on the back turret, a MK19 40mm Grenade Launcher in the front turret and 4 M134 Miniguns attached to the Avenger Turret on the roof. My original design had a set of K9 teeth painted on the plow.

EveofDestruction1.jpg

EveofDestruction2.jpg

EveofDestruction3.jpg

EveofDestruction4.jpg

Rob, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose trash cans look like that.

My last trailer had a guard rail on the porch that was just about every color of the primer/camoflauge rainbow before I left.... also, the vinyl skirting had a nice SHINY bright white spot on it (which was funny, because the skirting is white too, but the paint was whiter) from when I dropped my full fresh rattle can of flat white and the top decided to bust wide open :P gotta love concrete porches.

I think just about everywhere I've lived, I've left evidence of my modelling activities.... good thing I now use a paint stand :P

So here's 1st Cavalry outpost 404's Security Station 07309 in colors!

Just to be clear, before someone starts getting on me about accuracies and whatnot, this is post apocalyptic America- I can do pretty much anything I'd like to with the military and it'd be feasible (to an extent LOL)- but here's the pics!

2012050617_46_18-vi.jpg

2012050617_46_48-vi.jpg

2012050617_47_09-vi.jpg

2012050617_46_25-vi.jpg

2012050617_46_36-vi.jpg

2012050617_48_29-vi.jpg?1336366908

You can ALMOST make out the M16A2 in the last pic....curses on the horrible weather today. Not enough light to see the inside of the outpost!

Once I make the base for the diorama, I'll be laying down sand and ballast, and a little bit of flocking. And the other details, as well!

My last trailer had a guard rail on the porch that was just about every color of the primer/camoflauge rainbow before I left.... also, the vinyl skirting had a nice SHINY bright white spot on it (which was funny, because the skirting is white too, but the paint was whiter) from when I dropped my full fresh rattle can of flat white and the top decided to bust wide open :P gotta love concrete porches.

I think just about everywhere I've lived, I've left evidence of my modelling activities.... good thing I now use a paint stand :P

I do all my spraying on the back of my ... car! Actually it is a pick-up and I spray on a sheet of wood in the tray. Nonetheless, you can still see the evidence.